In other news...

tkdguy

But Americans in general seem to hate them only slightly less than they hate the metric system.

I personally like the metric system. I just haven't internalized it fully. And "properly constructed" roundabouts are like Bigfoot. Lots of people claim they exist but I've never seen any real proof yet.

I admit I am a deviant, but the only metric unit I don't have internalized is the hectare. OTOH, I don't really have a grasp of what an acre is either.

100 meters by 100 meters= two Canadian football fields, side by side. (Close enough). Therefore, Back Campus of the U of Toronto. Now, this may not help everyone, but close enough.

The Ironically named Department of Justice is apparently saying police can seize property from people not charged with a crime even in states that have banned the practice.

https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/887697111374024705

My favorite comment:

So let's say there was a NY RE developer under investigation f/fraud, money laundering & espionage. Could @AGSchneiderman seize his hotels?

"Automatic voter registration? They're giving votes to the robots now? That's just stupid... don't they know that robots can be hacked and ..."

*Upon being informed what it means*

Pre-2000: "Oh. Uh. I stand corrected."

Post-2000: "Whatever. I stand by what I said. If they're not giving votes to the robots now, you know they're planning to! They took our jobs, they'll take our democracy!"

Just because we have the reanimated corpse of Bazza (post-dingo attack) discussing his need for sapient sexbots in the Outback?

We can get weirder. I can post my write ups of pseudosapient sexbots.....

Lucius Alexander

I have a palindromedary here, is that weird enough?