In other news...

tkdguy

49 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Nadal has pulled out of Wimbledon and The Olympics

Unfortunate.  Pulling out of the Olympics is much less of a surprise;  its place in the tennis calendar wasn't that great.  And the protocols to assuage Japanese concerns sounded fairly intrusive.  But having to withdraw from Wimbledon, combined with the results from the clay court season...amazing for anyone else, but for Rafa, a significant step down...this presages that the end of his career is probably now in sight.  I think Federer is already a long shot to win another major;  he actually lost in the 2nd round at Halle, on grass.  His ranking is also dropping;  he's #8 now.  That never helps;  it means he may have to play 3 of the 4 best players to win a tourney.  And rankings are something of a vicious circle...when you drop, you increase the risk of an unlucky draw, and getting knocked out earlier and earlier.  Which means fewer ranking points from the tourney and thus a lower ranking.

Nadal's not *as* far along;  he's #3 still.  But he may well fall to #4...and there's that vicious cycle starting to play for him.  His body isn't going to suddenly, miraculously get better and stay better.  

So I think Djokovic is likely to pass them both for most GS titles.  He's at 19, they're at 20.  He'll be the heavy favorite at both the US Open and Aussie Open, and I think he's got another year or two where he'll remain close to the top, unless his mental game derails that.

Is boxing really this desperate?

Golden Boy Oscar de la Hoya is going to fight Vitor Belfort...not a boxer, but MMA from the UFC.

OdlH is 48.  Belfort is 44.

This is even more of a joke than Mayweather vs. McGregor, but nothing close to the total farce that was Mayweather vs. Paul.

I don't follow boxing much at all at the best of times, but right now I don't think I could name a single active boxer in any weight class.  Tells you something that ESPN also dropped Friday Night boxing for MMA.  So yeah, boxing probably is that desperate.

A zombie-like disease has spread across Texas deer herds because deer farms apparently knew they had infected deer but released them into the wild populations anyway. The disease causes drastic weight loss and radical changes in behavior including stumbling around.

It's also known that the disease can be spread to primates through contact with body fluids or eating the meat.

With hunting season coming up in the fall, what could possibly go wrong?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/zombies-semen-and-big-racks-inside-the-texas-deer-breeding-industry?ref=scroll

5 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Anyone remember a minis game called Tanktics? That was one of hte things TSR was known for before they hit upon D&D. It's a WWII game that most minitatures gamers do not know about, much less play, but it wasn't half bad.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Anyone remember a minis game called Tanktics? That was one of hte things TSR was known for before they hit upon D&D. It's a WWII game that most minitatures gamers do not know about, much less play, but it wasn't half bad.

Does that mean that it was demi-good?