Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

34 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

Also meat pie floaters.

Really only in South Australia.

I've never had one. I've also never been to South Australia, but that's not necessarily related.

On the other hand, I've had Turkish pide, but I've never been to Turkey. Of course, technically it would have been Turkish-style pide.

But, you are in Australia how could you have not been to south Australia. :lol:

Ok, making fun of people who probably think Australia is the size of small city.  (just like some non-Americans* seem to think USA is NYC, LA, maybe DC and Chicago and nothing else)

*hell, too many actually Americans seem to be in that category.

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

You vote for the things that are important to you at that time, these things change over time.   How informed you are is fairly relative,   Voting decisions from all different ages bother me.  Being older may mean your wiser, but also means you're more set in your ways, generally more conservative and often just as close-minded.

I do hear and agree, in general.  Though being stubborn can have its value.  (just like enthusiasm as previously mentioned, can lead you into something stupid, before you realize the mess you brought yourself).

Just being a little nitpicky.  Just that both of those attributes have strengths and weaknesses.

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

But, you are in Australia how could you have not been to south Australia. :lol:

Ok, making fun of people who probably think Australia is the size of small city.  (just like some non-Americans* seem to think USA is NYC, LA, maybe DC and Chicago and nothing else)

Or like the time some tourists in a rental car pulled up to ask me for directions on how to drive to their hotel... on another island.

There are useful shorthand ways of showing that you are in certain countries.

If you can see the Eiffel Tower, you are in France. If you can see Tower Bridge you  are in the UK. If you can see the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, you are in Australia, etc.

Unfortunately, they can cause a bit of confusion for the clueless.

You can use them in RPGs, naturally.

I used to live near here. Yes, I have used it to symbolize Brisbane.

55 minutes ago, assault said:

Penguins have quite a broad range, including Australia, but for establishing shot purposes, they definitely say Antarctica.

Weird, there's even a colony in Sydney. Not within sight of the Harbour Bridge, unfortunately, although individuals apparently forage all around Sydney harbour. So you could have one in an establishing shot.

Yeah, I know they take a surprisingly large amount of the Southern Hemisphere,  but I did add the ice part. :winkgrin:

1 hour ago, assault said:

If you can see the Eiffel Tower, you are in France. If you can see Tower Bridge you  are in the UK. If you can see the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, you are in Australia, etc.

Well, you might think you see the Eiffel Tower but actually be in Japan.

picto_myGoogleBusiness_1.jpg

817-470080

1 hour ago, assault said:

The Eiffel Tower is Center Strip. The Statue of Liberty's across from the medieval castle, and diagonally across from the Easter Island head. The sphinx and pyramids are a little further south. Rome is a bit to the north, just before the volcano.

I suppose the good news is that even with his penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth at inopportune moments, Biden still looks like a freakin' Nobel laureate compared to Trump.

The bad news is that I'm not sure that's gonna matter. I mean, if smarts were important, Trump would never have been elected in the first place.