A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

... And in news strictly for grown-ups,

it seems the fabled G-spot is now a proven, scientific, and anatomical fact. The find has apparently been published in The Journal Of Sexual Medicine.

It's been a while since an anatomical structure was described for the first time.

Headache from out-of-date eyeglass perscription - check.

Headache from pinched nerve in neck - check.

Headache from general stress - check.

Headache from sinus pressure - in progress.

Headache from brain tumor - saving for later.

It was rather disorienting this morning being in the Starbuck's getting the java and the roll and realizing that the piped-in music was Bonnie Raitt covering Gerry Rafferty's Right Down the Line. It seemed like a warped mismatch of two musical icons from my past: Rafferty's City to City album (best known for the saxophone riff in the smash hit Baker Street), which got semi-infinite airplay the spring and summer I graduated from college, and Raitt, whose single Something to Talk About is very descriptive of how my wife and I ended up getting together. Since this was distinctly before my morning coffee, the disorientation was perhaps deepened by circumstances.

The local hospital is affiliated with the university and has a lot of medical students in a wide variety of fields. Last week, I received an email saying they were looking for dental patients for students to practice on. Now, I haven't seen a dentist in years. Many years. And I have medical insurance now (Woohoo!) but not dental, so I swallow my fears and go by to be screened. They're looking for people with cavities, especially in the front teeth. I'm amazed to discover that I have none. I actually felt bad that I couldn't help them. Good to know my inferior regime of oral health care is paying off!

Partly inspired by the ordinary warrior-guards from the Weapons Vault from the Thor film, I surmised if they had a Lantern Power Ring, but instead of emotion their power source was the Odinpower/Asgard itself.

Their 'Oath' (created by me this morning)

The Asgard Warrior-Guard's Oath

In the Realm Eternal, in Odin's name.

We keep the peace, good ne'er wanes.

Where evil lies, where evil maims,

Beware the Odinpower, we can't be tamed!

Their Power Ring doesn't need regularly recharging like A Green Lantern's Power Ring because of the strength of belief in Asgard and Odin but does need to bee recharged after each Odinsleep. The Warrior-Guard needs to recite the oath for the Power Ring to be recharged--no portable lantern needed.

Anarchists are trying to incite a riot around here? Really? Really? I've never seen a riot, and we're only four blocks from the police precinct HQ. I guess I hadn't previously thought anarchists were that stupid.

I've come to a realization:

A forest full of crickets outside the house is soothing at night.

One cricket right outside my window when I'm trying to sleep is just plain infuriating.

That is one noisy little f****r... don't you know what time it is? Go back in the woods where you belong! Gah!!!