Funny Pics II: The Revenge

I resemble that remark!

pMpIBkC.jpg

Though in all fairness, the beard is usually way less beardy than that.  Our traditional Santa died in October.  The Chamber of Commerce asked if I would be willing to be Santa in the parades (we have two: one in the town where I work, then a night-time all-lit-up parade in the town where I work) this year.  Hell, why not?  So I haven't trimmed it since Thanksgiving (yes; it grows that fast, which is why it exists at all.  I'm one of those lucky "on shaving profile since I was thirteen" guys.  To stay clean-shaven, I have to touch up at about two in the afternoon and again just before going to bed.  It's easier to trim a beard once every couple of days.  😕

And ignore the finger.  The picture was the one sent to the CoC to explain that I can't see more than three feet with glasses on (I only need them to read; it's a relatively recent curse of old age  ;) ).

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

I resemble that remark!

pMpIBkC.jpg

Though in all fairness, the beard is usually way less beardy than that.  Our traditional Santa died in October.  The Chamber of Commerce asked if I would be willing to be Santa in the parades (we have two: one in the town where I work, then a night-time all-lit-up parade in the town where I work) this year.  Hell, why not?  So I haven't trimmed it since Thanksgiving (yes; it grows that fast, which is why it exists at all.  I'm one of those lucky "on shaving profile since I was thirteen" guys.  To stay clean-shaven, I have to touch up at about two in the afternoon and again just before going to bed.  It's easier to trim a beard once every couple of days.  😕

And ignore the finger.  The picture was the one sent to the CoC to explain that I can't see more than three feet with glasses on (I only need them to read; it's a relatively recent curse of old age  ;) ).

My Dad's beard growth was like that. He'd shave again if my parents were going out for the evening.

I didn't get those genes. Instead, I got the ones from my maternal grand-père, who used to shave every couple of days when he was older, because the gray stubble bothered him. The only parts of my beard that grow well are the mustache and the goatee, and I've had people in the past say that when I'm wearing a Santa hat, the overall effect is the boss elf in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Believe it or not, for most of my life, it was red.  About the time the hair disappeared, it turned to the blonde and grey it is now.

I have experimented with a couple of non-dying options, but as I dont have to interact with anyone up,close (covid rules:  you can sit on a chair a couple of feet from Santa.  Deiven hime by the fact that the sweet old man that used to so this died of non-Santa-related Covid), I think I am gping to do the stage trick of simply powdering it.  There is enough grey and white for that to work, and the blonde takes a silvery color for hihglights.  Going to have to chemically relax it a buy, though.  Not looking forward to that smell....