Funny Pics II: The Revenge

On 3/11/2024 at 10:29 PM, Old Man said:

kh6hbl0i6snc1.jpeg

True gaming story: Long ago (roughly 2005, IIRC) our group was playing a Buffy the Vampire Slayer campaign and i proposed building a device based exactly on this sort of thing.  A binocular watch camera, one arm of which included a mirror, while the other was pure refractive optics.  Since it would have stopped the GM's so-called plot in its tracks, he stonewalled it, even after I pointed to available off-the-shelf optics and gave URL pointers to astronomy image analysis software that would be able to do the almost-real-time image comparisons for detection of vampires.

Saw this on Facebook and thought I'd pass it along.  Rea Irvin, the artist behind the look of The New Yorker magazine, created his own superhero character--Superwoman

spacer.png

This was her only appearance, as National Comics, having already trademarked the name, came down on them faster than they ever came down on anyone else.  This strip was her only appearance in print.  Frankly, I don't think National had to worry about the competition, given the spoof nature of the plot and the quietly bizarre figure of the little man with the top hat and book. 

I admit, I rather like the look of the character--she puts me very much in mind of Katherine Hepburn, assuming she could ever be persuaded to play a superheroine.  Perhaps Cate Blanchette could step into the role, bringing some of her Hepburn impersonation to the part.  It owuld have been interesting to see where Mr. Irvin would have gone with this.

1 hour ago, wcw43921 said:

Saw this on Facebook and thought I'd pass it along.  Rea Irvin, the artist behind the look of The New Yorker magazine, created his own superhero character--Superwoman

spacer.png

This was her only appearance, as National Comics, having already trademarked the name, came down on them faster than they ever came down on anyone else.  This strip was her only appearance in print.  Frankly, I don't think National had to worry about the competition, given the spoof nature of the plot and the quietly bizarre figure of the little man with the top hat and book. 

I admit, I rather like the look of the character--she puts me very much in mind of Katherine Hepburn, assuming she could ever be persuaded to play a superheroine.  Perhaps Cate Blanchette could step into the role, bringing some of her Hepburn impersonation to the part.  It owuld have been interesting to see where Mr. Irvin would have gone with this.

This comic is super annoying because the answer could be

Spoiler

'bee' or 'ant'.

That coyote really is a genius. His schemes to have the roadrunner for dinner were wildly creative. In a just universe they should have worked a hundred times over.

But given that he could afford to buy all that Acme hardware, he could have saved himself a lot of grief if he just ordered takeout.