Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Depressing... you're saying there is no more than a 50/50 chance?

I'd say less. Right now there are a bunch of Congresscritters who would alienate their base unless they could clearly demonstrate mental incompetence on Trump's part. Unless or until they can find a good, solid reason to oust him, they/we are stuck with that baggage. Hope you haven't unfastened your seatbelt yet, because this ride is only going to get bumpier. 

I'd say less. Right now there are a bunch of Congresscritters who would alienate their base unless they could clearly demonstrate mental incompetence on Trump's part. Unless or until they can find a good, solid reason to oust him, they/we are stuck with that baggage. Hope you haven't unfastened your seatbelt yet, because this ride is only going to get bumpier.

It was a joke, but not a very good one. I was referencing "oops, I made a poopy".

I'm perfectly content, given the policy aspirations of this administration, for them to continue their track record of success. I just wish they'd be less public about it, as it's in my opinion an embarrassment to the office.

Maybe by strict medical definition, but even then it might be debatable.

I think it was left vague on purpose, basicly it boils down to "If the Presidents best buds, and supporters say so" I am happy with that. It even remove the politics to some extent. If there is an "issue" Congress settles it. Just too bad that Congress makes its money by Not settling things these days. :weep:

Trump apparently described the White House to members of one of his country clubs as "a real dump."  Huh.  That's odd.  It seemed to be good enough for the previous 40 or so residents.  Might I politely suggest that the President go make love to himself?  

I'd politely suggest that if the WH is not to his liking, he can leave it and the rest of the government behind and spend the rest of his term quietly playing golf at Mar-a-Lago.

The only problem is that it leave the country in the care of a Vice-President who believes many of the horrible things Trump does, but is actually competent. Or at least who recognizes Presidents don't rule by decree yet. I son't know that's what we really want. (What we really want is a Congress that doesn't stand for such nonsense, but even with mid-terms coming up in 2018 I don't expect much on that front.)

What I don't understand is how anyone can consider this man a good businessman.

Good businessmen don't file bankruptcy. They're smart enough not to overextend themselves and get in trouble in the first place. It's one of the things that makes them 'good' businessmen.

To be honest and as an american who has not been allowed to go a single waking hour in nearly 2 years without having trump's name, image and word of his antics forced on him I'm literally beginning to see trump as being subhuman in some ways.

I know a really bad bunch of people referred to anyone they didn't like as "subhuman" some 7 decades ago but honestly, trump just comes off as literally more beast than man. After nearly 2 years of being essentially assaulted by trump's revolting presence and coverage of him, or possibly 'it', I will admit my hatred of him/it and everything he/it embodies has reached a point I just can't help seeing him/it as something literally less than human.

I'm sorry, guys, but I think I'm suffering a serious case of trump fatigue. I think the media is just forcing "TRUMP!TRUMP!TRUMP!TRUMP!TRUMP!" down our throats to such an unprecedented degree, it's like nothing in history. I mean I can't recall a president in history who has been just shoved in the american people's face like this before. I mean at times I feel like Alex in the chair in "a clockwork orange" and the screen is just one image of trump after another.

Does anyone else feel like this? Am I alone here?

I felt something similar during the O.J. Simpson trial. I just didn't want to hear any more about someone I thought did not deserve all that attention. The difference is that the impact from Trump's current job makes him impossible to ignore.

Oh god I was thinking that too. It's like the way you literally could not go an hour without having that b*st*rd forced down your throat by the media. I even remember a poem someone in my locality wrote.

"O.J. O.J. go away!

I don't wanna hear 'bout you today!

Please give our TV sets a rest!

I'd rather watch 'father knows best'!"

I can't go on YouTube without seeing trump's revolting face on the video list. I can't go to my email program without something related to trump on the top of the page. My local news has something about trump every day. My Facebook feed is mostly one article with that disgusting face after another.

I try to keep up on current events to an extant around the world, but it's reaching the point I just can't access media anymore.

The O.J.nightmare ended finally. I'm starting to wonder if this one eger will and doubting I'll live to see it end.

I'm sorry if I bothered anyone here but god it just felt good to vent a little.

Trump has quietly accomplished more than it appears. A largely-dispassionate and sobering recitation of what this administration has actually succeeded in doing, while public attention has been focused on the political brush fires.

Oh I know. One early victory of his was to make it easy for coal companies to increase their profits by dumping poisonous byproducts into water that poor people have to drink. He's working diligently on allowing big business to increase their profits at the detriment of most Americans in various ways. He's done all he can to turn the federal court system into a series of rubber stamps for corporate interests.

You know I had a horrible case of pneumonia (possibly legionnaire's disease) in 2014 that nearly killed me. I was in a coma for 13 days and the doctors told my family I had maybe a 10% chance of survival. It took me months to really recover and I never regained my old endurance.

More and more these days I wish I'd died in that coma...

TPS, I sympathize with the downer you're feeling now. But I've lived nearly sixty years, and seen plenty of things far more frightening and demoralizing than Donald Trump. We survived them, we can survive him.

But I admit, every time I see his smug, smirking, orange face, I feel the urge to step on it. :angry:

EDIT: Maybe you'll find some catharsis from this:post-171-0-21483100-1501729549_thumb.gif