What Is the Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

Pariah

On 3/19/2022 at 10:30 AM, death tribble said:

Of the worst films actors have made list I have seen:-

The Lone Ranger

Strip Tease (the book is brilliant)

Batman and Robin

Catwoman

Nine (didn't think it was hat bad and when you compare it to some of the ones on the worst comedy list, it's like perfect Shakespeare)

The League of ExtraOrdinary Gentlemen (I was a big fan of the comic, besides Sean Connery was in it, how bad could it be ?)

Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith (Christensen is too easy a target and there are much worse films out there)

Phantom Menace (Jake Lloyd is highlighted but not the guy playing Jar Jar ?)

Showgirls (has to be seen to be believed)

Waterworld (I liked it.)

Iron Man (Terence Howard was not a detriment to the film. He lost the job whiich is why is is the worse for him)

Jaws the Revenge (one of two stinkers on the list, the other is Catwoman) 

Superman Returns

I have never seen Cutthroat Island all the way through.

I am grateful to Bazza, the comedy list has some pure garbage which leaves these films way behind.

Been meaning to reply to your comment, so here it goes. I'd have to go through the list again to find the films i've seen. 

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I still like the film. It really is a shame that the film bombed and Connery decided that he would retire after that. 

Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Agree with your comment for the most part. 

Phantom Menace. It is easy to pick on Jar Jar now, and some of it is warranted but also lets not forget that the actor who acted the character has copped lots of flack for it and it has an adverse affect on him personally and his career. 

Iron Man. Terence Howard reportedly wanted more money for the sequel. Marvel said "pass" and they replaced him. I prefer his Rhodes as his has the physique to make it seem like he is a military person.  

Superman Returns. I remember it being a good movie. Not a great movie, but certainly not the worse that has been made by DC. If people were given a choice between Superman Returns and Man of Steel for the characterisation of Superman, and the film itself, there would be -- I'm assuming -- a preference for Superman Returns. 

10 hours ago, csyphrett said:

The Lone Ranger was a bomb for Disney. This movie and John Carter and another that wasn't on their level of money loss got the guy chairing Disney fired and put Iger in his place to start the MCU and the new Star Wars

CES 

The MCU Phase 1 was already in full swing when The Lone Ranger released in 2013, between Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World. It was a painful movie to watch, and one that I really don't have any urge to see again. John Carter released in 2012, and was hurt by a pre-launch marketing campaign that really didn't seem to know what it was selling, Its name started as John Carter of Mars, then went to JCM, then John Carter, apparently to avoid links to the failed Disney animated movie, Mars Needs Moms. As an adaptation of A Princess of Mars, it's actually pretty good, but much of that material has already been liberally borrowed by other productions in the century since the novel first appeared, so many of the plot points would seem very familiar to audiences.

1 hour ago, Ternaugh said:

The MCU Phase 1 was already in full swing when The Lone Ranger released in 2013, between Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World. It was a painful movie to watch, and one that I really don't have any urge to see again. John Carter released in 2012, and was hurt by a pre-launch marketing campaign that really didn't seem to know what it was selling, Its name started as John Carter of Mars, then went to JCM, then John Carter, apparently to avoid links to the failed Disney animated movie, Mars Needs Moms. As an adaptation of A Princess of Mars, it's actually pretty good, but much of that material has already been liberally borrowed by other productions in the century since the novel first appeared, so many of the plot points would seem very familiar to audiences.

I know but LR and JC lost almost 400 mil between them in two years. Ross was terminated over that.

CES 

6 hours ago, Bazza said:

Superman Returns. I remember it being a good movie. Not a great movie, but certainly not the worse that has been made by DC. If people were given a choice between Superman Returns and Man of Steel for the characterisation of Superman, and the film itself, there would be -- I'm assuming -- a preference for Superman Returns. 

I really liked Superman Returns.  I had heard it described as a "love letter" to the first two movies--and that is one love letter I'm proud to sign, with a little heart dotting the "I" in my name, and a whole bunch of XXXs and OOOs afterwards.  More than that, it's a love letter to Superman in general--which is more than I can say for the "Snyderverse" movies.  I had heard others say Snyder claims to be a Superman fan, and I find that hard to believe, given his professed admiration for The Dark Knight Returns.  Superman did not come off too well in that one, did he?  He was reduced to a government chump, doing their bidding no matter how harmful or distasteful.  That's not something I particularly care to see.

I liked Henry Cavill as Superman, and hope to see him again as Superman--but I would rather have someone else direct.  Bring in Patty Jenkins, or bring back Bryan SInger.  Then perhaps we could have a good Superman movie again.

2 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

I read somewhere that an exec starting well into the creative process decided that movies with "Mars" in the name had performed poorly, so we needed to remove "Mars" entirely.  As well, while no one involved in the John Carter production knew it, the negotiations with Lucas were well underway, mitigating any need for Disney to create a blockbuster Sci Fi franchise.

At least the trailer for The Lone Ranger featured a literal train wreck, so you couldn't fault them for misleading advertising.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:31 PM, death tribble said:

The list Bazza linked to was worst films that particular actors had done not especially the worst films. The comedy films list on the other hand has ones that almost everyone would put on their worst lists

I question any metric that results in there being more than 80 comedies worse than The Love Guru.

I'm guessing the people who picked Virtuosity as Denzel Washington's worst movie were unaware of The Book of Eli.

2 hours ago, Matt the Bruins said:

At least the trailer for The Lone Ranger featured a literal train wreck, so you couldn't fault them for misleading advertising.

I question any metric that results in there being more than 80 comedies worse than The Love Guru.

I'm guessing the people who picked Virtuosity as Denzel Washington's worst movie were unaware of The Book of Eli.

Virtuosity had a good soundtrack at least

Dug out my copy of Son of the Golden Turkey Awards to see if there are any gems we have missed.

Empire of the Ants (which I have seen) starring Joan Collins

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians which again has to be seen to be believed. The Martians are green which is all you really need to know.

Any Ed Wood film such as Glen or Glenda

The Conqueror with John Wayne as Genghis Khan. This one has a sa note as many people who worked on the film developed and died of cancer.

Monster from Green Hell. Giant wasps terrorise the jungle

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Dug out my copy of Son of the Golden Turkey Awards to see if there are any gems we have missed.

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians which again has to be seen to be believed. The Martians are green which is all you really need to know.

The Conqueror with John Wayne as Genghis Khan. This one has a sa note as many people who worked on the film developed and died of cancer.

Empire of the Ants used to show up with some regularity when the local independent station would run an afternoon movie each day. It's typical of the quality I associate with Samuel Z. Arkoff/American International Pictures productions. My parents had a love of B-movies, so I've seen this one a few times, though not in the last 30 years or so. My memory of it is limited to a few scenes of rubber ants menacing the actors, and a few bad close-up shots of live ants superimposed with footage of the actors. I'd recommend watching Them!  from 1954 instead, as it's a much better movie. https://archive.org/details/Them.theatrical

3 hours ago, death tribble said:

You have to enjoy some of these on a different level.

Santa Claus & the Martians has a 10 year old Pia Zadora as one of the little Martian children.  The Conqueror has one of the best bloopers of all time when John Wayne is caught on film wearing his wristwatch.

And Ed Wood’s films have to be seen to be truly believed.  The Johnny Depp movie only touches the surface.

If people were given a choice between Superman Returns and Man of Steel for the characterisation of Superman, and the film itself, there would be -- I'm assuming -- a preference for Superman Returns. 

Yeah it was a better portrayal of Superman and I thought Brendan Routh did a good job.  But the movie was kind of boring, had a really stupid villain plot, and was sort of creepy with Superman stalking Lois Lane with his powers.  Plus, the movie really felt like it was more about Lois than Superman.