Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

27 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Not gonna lie; the wife and I were talking about them two weeks ago.  We were both under the impression that they went extinct at some point in the eighties....

😕

They were extinct in the wild. There were a couple dozen left in the captive breeding program. Wild population now is a few hundred which is both highly encouraging and still terrifyingly small. 

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

They were extinct in the wild. There were a couple dozen left in the captive breeding program. Wild population now is a few hundred which is both highly encouraging and still terrifyingly small. 

I had one fly over me at Grand Canyon four years ago, in one of those absolute joy moments.  I remember when they rounded them all up back in the late 70s and I feared that that was the end. 

They are still dependent upon carcasses being set out for them to feed on, but it's still a thrill to have them flying over more and more of their old range.

17 hours ago, assault said:

‘For the moment’: New fast food fears as cabbage prices spike amid shortages

The world was stunned when Australia’s fast food chains were forced to make a change to their burgers as vegetable prices soared. Now they’re facing a new threat.

17 hours ago, dmjalund said:

"My cabbages!"

Somebody's gotta lay down the slaw.