All the superhero PCs I've ever played

Doug McCrae

I was making a list of all the PCs I've ever played. These are the names of all the superheroes in chronological order, along with the system.

Nimbus (Champions)

Cyborg (Villains & Vigilantes)

Knave (Villains & Vigilantes)

Moonman (Villains & Vigilantes)

The Scarlet Skater (Superworld)

Dragon (Golden Heroes)

The Human Pinball (Golden Heroes)

Captain Explosion (Champions)

Captain Fayd, the Four-Dimensional Man (Champions)

Dogman (Champions)

Captain Christian (Champions)

Dog Girl (Champions)

Pattern Princess (Amber)

Mr. Mayhem (Marvel SAGA)

Midnight (Champions)

M-Power (Golden Heroes)

Zap! (Golden Heroes)

Flameman (systemless)

Simoon (Golden Heroes)

The Masked Archer (Golden Heroes)

Miss Cybermiaow (Champions)

The Giant (Golden Heroes)

Re: All the superhero PCs I've ever played

Chronological order is very rough on these and I may have forgotten a few:

Silver Bullet (V&V)

Professor Plasma (V&V)

The Dragon (Superworld -- Worlds of Wonder version)

Phantom Lobster (V&V)

Professor Plasma (Champions)

Brainstorm (later The White Hand) (Champions)

Rick Davies the Resilent Rubber-Man (Champions)

Challenger (Champions)

Whiz Kid (Champions)

Swift Justice (V&V)

The Bat (V&V)

Gauntlet (Champions)

Crimson Fist (Champions)

Silver Bow (Champions)

Crimson Ace (Champions)

Rapport (Champions)

Friction Lass (Champions)

Dynamo (Champions)

Forethought (Champions)

Lady Lightning (Champions)

Some I could not remember the names of so I left them out. This is what was left.

Jester (he became a vampire during the game and changed his name to Bane)- Superworld

Gremlin - Superworld

Shadow Dancer - Superworld

Phantom - V & V

Jacon Vandermere - V & V

Storm Giant - V & V

Tempest (after one adventure he retired from being a superhero and became an adventurer like a mystical Doc Savage. He was simply called by his name Franklyn D. Eswards) - Champions

Jack T. Chance - Champions

The Jackyl - Superworld

Tony Striker - Champions

Percival - Champions

Daniel Knight - Champions

Exodus - Heroes Unlimited

Sean 'Trooper' Thorton - Heroes Unlimited

PCs only, and not in any particular order...

Exile (Superhero 2044)

Dead Ringer (Champions)

Anthem (Superworld, Heroes Unlimited, Champions)

Audra Blue (Champions)

Uncle Slam (Champions)

There's also at least 3 V&V characters that I can't remember the names of. Man, I loved V&V... why the heck can't I remember the names?

Super Squirrel - V&V - Super Strong Flying Squirrel (Just don't ask please)

Bolt - Champions - Electrical Elementalist

Shrike - Champions - Batman type

Gray Ninja - Champions - Mystical Ninja Ghost

Slant - Champions - Cyborg

Johnathan Prey - Dark Hero - Ex special Forces

Vengence - Champions -

Katana - Dark Champions then regular champions - Very Skilled Modern Ninja

Quickstrike - Champions Villain - Powered Armor

Deathstrike - Champions villain - More Lethal Powered Armor

Brack- Fantasy Hero - Barbarian

Sr. Whellium - Fantasy Hero - Wizard

Omega - Champions- Mentalist

SCAIDE - Champions - AI Robot

This is a list of mine overall not in any specific order. Been playing and Game mastering for a long time so it is a ver incomplete list.

I had this same idea, but I had a paragraph of two about each character, and what I was doing at the time - sort of an addendum to by biography on my web page. I never got around to posting it, but I kept the file, because I plan to some day..... (All characters were playing in Champions)

The first game in Oregon:

Microchip was a standard Marvel-esque telepath/telekenetic. Mutant, whose powers were activated during a computer explosion that imbedded a microchip in her forehead. The character was built by someone else. Played a little bit, but got tired of her real quickly. She was the character I learned about PRE attacks with, albeit without intent; a character blasted me three times with his most powerful attack, and in each case my TK FF stopped almost all of it so I looked at him and said, in a very condescending voice “Is that the best you can do?â€. The GM “That’s a Prescence attackâ€. Me “okay....what’s thatâ€.

Shellhead a big bruising brick with lots of enrages and berserks. Turned out a lot like the hulk. First character I built. Didn’t understand the rules, so I went with a whole bunch of points and basic character design (althought I wouldn’t have phrased it that way then). Got board of him quickly- was enraged too much.

Gemstone she was a sport Model brick. Flight, some martial arts (and this was under third edition, so that was rare for a brick - she had focused/hero id str, and bought the MA on her normal STR), and other stuff. Cheaper than Shellhead, I had discovered the wonder of Focusi. The character ended up in prison because she stopped a zombie summoning by the Zombie Master who had a permit for his fire, and his zombies. I pretty much got hosed by the GM.

Meeb was interesting he was a brick with stretching and other stuff. (I started with bricks a lot, figured out later that I got bored with them too easily). Meeb came about because I asked the GM what SFX could justify 75% damage reduction, and he answered an amoeba. Next session I had meeb. Meeb was an alien, with a 40 ro 50 STR (do not recall which) stretching, clinging, form only shapeshift reduction and armor. At one point we were all falling and I hit first, and reached out with my stretching and caught everyone. The GM said “If you want to do that again you need to buy area affect on your strengthâ€. I had a lot of saved XP so I bought Explosion on my STR. Another player (who was not there for the previous bit) later looking at my sheet asked about that, and hatched a plan. So we conconcted the “Organic Grenadeâ€. He (the team brick) would toss me into the mass of villians and I would explode out with lots of little psuedopods and smack everyone, and cling to them all.

The next Game: Utah (Lesslie’s or how I met my wife)

When I started my next champions game I brought over rebuilt version of Chip, Gemstone and Meeb. Chip was the only one I really played much- I was starting with my disaffection for standard bricks. I joined this campaign just as it moved into a post apocalyptic future.

Dave was a supersuit, and a rebuild of a character that my best friend in Oregon had (I asked permission). Dave had a sidekick, his helmet. Dave had a speed 5, the helmet had a 3. The helmet was named HARV (hueristic articulate responsive visor - sheesh). Harv had a funky lim on his MP (harv was an EP, Dave was brick with a huge amount of Enhanced senses with usable by other for harv). Sort of an activation roll, but on a 17 he blasted a teammate, and on an 18 he blasted Dave. He was uppity. I named the hero what I did so Harv could say, when getting uppity and Dave trying to turn him off “Dave.... don’t do that Dave.†My first supersuit. That archetype will appear many times.

My first Martial artists (another archtype that will appear over and over again) was Warrior. Warren Hirihito Romanovich. He grew up in the gangs of the destroyed NY, and had Ch’i, but not as normal people had it, he could access multiple lifetimes worth of training, and could do just about anything. He was also my first character with Code vs Killing. I gave him a full CaK, because I decided that if I was going to play a character with this limitation, I would go full bore.

Warrior became one of my most successful character. Played for almost a decade before his story was told and I retired him (he ascended to the next vibrational plane of existance). His philisophy was a mishmash of Buddism, Jonathon livingston seagull, starwars and Christianity. He had a student as an NPC that became a GMPC, then later full bore PC in a reincarnated version. Warrior’s order kept getting reincarnated, and they would remember bits of thier past lives, and that is how they had thier “superchiâ€. With Warrior I didn’t build a new PC for months if not more - something very unusual for me.

Propane ne’e Enigma. My first basic Energy projector. I wanted something different from Warrior, and she was it. I was bored within 6 session. I don’t like basic energy projetors. So I suffered a bit, and then dumped her points into a cosmic pool (a 50 pointer) and played her that way for a while before retiring her.

Moonstone - A basic speedster with a really nasty combo attack. There weren’t really DC limits, so he had a lot of running, a decent ST and an EB (this was before HA or that is what it would have been) that added to his punching damage. One time he pushed all three. KOed the bad guy and himself as well. Always wanted to play him more.

New Knight - Tanith. A Jedi. Played her for a few months (mostly solo) and retired her. She had a short life, but was one of my favorite characters. She had a short career - but her story got told, so I retired her. She ended up in camalot, and ended up the mother of Galahad, and had twins later (she was a Jedi after all). She ended up the guardian of the Holy Grail.

Balrog - a brick / other. He was a high strength demon. He didn’t want to be one, but was transformed into one. After the supermage cleaned up the messes, everyone else who had been changed was normal, but him. So he could do a “hulk†and change into Balrog. He ended up in a new mutants kind of school trying to understand his powers. Played for a decent amount of time. When he went on the shelf I didn’t mind.

Penumbra was built after I saw the first batman movie, and had to play a clone. He had very minor light manipulation ability and a nifty gadget belt, detective abilities, martial abilities and a cool motorcycle.

Peregirne was a teen super. Archer (Rainbow archer was her aunt, and she picked up her equipment from some that were spilled when RA was beat in a fight). She got some armor and a hoverboard and was off. She was fun, and started dimension hopping. She made yuppie a curse in a middle ages setting. When I first read snowcrash, I thought that Stephenson stole my character due to his telepathy... Peregrine was very much YT.

Superstar - a teen brick with some energy powers - HS football star. My wife built his sister a cheerleader and EP. They could join hands and do a really nasty area effect attack. Played only for a few sessions.

Surge. A martial artist with a small cosmic pool. Played for a while in my wife’s campaign, but not enough. Then this campaign ended- It had been running almost 13 years.

The Rocky Mountain Avengers:

A game that was run by a friend of ours, Brian, that was a player in Lesslie’s campaign.

My first character was Black Cat a darkforce enhanced martial artists. I never got solid campaign numbers from the GM, so I kept layering her defenses. She ended up with more than the Brick in the game. She played for a while, but I wasn’t getting the kind of play in with her that I wanted. She did end up with a scale from Godzilla due to an AVLD that she had that actually did him damage, and made a shield out of it, and got her training from Captain America.

Dragonstar Red Used a visual traced from Rocket Red in the JLI. He was a supersuit. The GM and I were looking over one of the enemies books (international I think) that had a character with an EB with an RKA linked to it. He said that this was ugly as you could spread the EB and get the OCV bonus with the RKA. And DR was born. He had a breakable unbreakable focus. Mechanically it was unbreakable, but the suit granted +30 bod, no figured characteristics. So I had a lot of his powered systems either downpower or shut off completely depending on how much body he took. Played him for a great while. Really like him. A good deal of his style and power ended up in a later character - ballistic.

Afterburner my last character from this campaign. He was another attempt at a strait MP. He had desolid physical only (he turned into full flame), and rather large pool only for advantages on his EB. (this predated variable advantage). He could also get extra dice with the pool. He was johnny storm’s sun with a quickened aging metabolism.

Kismit was a luck based semimaritalartist. I’ve thought about ressurecting her with a new build. She only played a few times.

Salt Lake Goofyness

Now Brian and I would drive to Salt lake for another Champions game. The GM there was inconsistant and stingy with XP but we wanted to both play so...

I played Afterburner again. Same powers and personality different background.

Now this GM would sometimes noshow with no warning so Brian took on GMing when the other guy didn’t show up. It was a semi-comic campaign. I played Powerhouse a brick that was a trucker. When he transformed into super ID, his cap spun backwards, his Tshirt became bright white, his jeans became clean and he got a little PH symbol on his shirt. He had a dog Splotch (to ugly to call spot). He was goofy and fun.

My game

About this time I started my campaign (which ran nearly 11 years). I built some characters to be GMPCs that Lesslie would run solo for me.

Dragonfire was a martial artist with fire generation, but it took a lot of energy, so he didn’t use it much. He ended up getting depowered and became the team trainer when I got tired of him.

Pheonix was a energy projecting sidekick to Lesslie’s patriotic The Marshall.

White Tiger was a supersuit martial aritsts (eveyone had supersuit bricks and EPs why not MAs). She had samurai and ninja training and a little magic. Her suit was techmagic. She was also filthy rich and ran a chain of department stores. Really cool character, and I never got to play her enough. She was one I intended to bring back, but in a lot of ways she and Cat (see Tempest ahead) were similar, and I was already playing Cat, so I just kept her on the shelf.

Tempest:

A new player in our game was getting ready to start his own game (and we played them concurrently)

For my first character I played a variation of Surge. Trouble was with his pool, he overwhelmed the GMs plots, and I voluntarily retired him.

My primary character for the decade long campaign was Black Cat. She ended up getting depowered after a while (150+ XP) and became a strait martial artist. I played a possessed by her powers go evil, get depowered, go to jail, get marital insight, get pardoned plot with her.

While Cat was in prison I played Moonwalker. An alien bounty hunter with a huge selection of gadgets. He was a blast to play - my favorite of his dodads was a gelsack that hit and caused a funky alien energy discharge and the target was hit with a 2d6 end drain each phase for 2 turns. He was efficient and intense.

Now the team was getting pretty powerful, so the GM decided to add some newer lower powered characters. I brought in a chain smoking annoying little twerp that was a cyber telepath and machine manipulator. He had a bunch of stolen Foci that he used, and later shaped into a cybersuit. I was never satified with playing him (partially I think because he was so annoying). He went by Alter Ego.

Then he got married and moved to Salt lake and we stopped his campaign. Wahhh.

Now back in my game,

I brought Surge back, when Lesslie brought back Psyche (the two were a love story originally so when she brought back the one, I had to get the other). Third time was a charm, and as he was a GM PC his pool never got in the way of my plots.

Eric was the love interested of Warrior’s student Jennifer (so he was originally an NPC for an NPC/GMPC). When my wife decided to play Jenny as a PC, I decided to play Eric as one as well.

Ballistic was my most successful supersuit (the way Cat and Warrior were my Martial artists). He was an excop who flew the suit, but didn’t design it. As he played he started learning how to build it (and later had sort of a funky expand his brain kinda psi accident that gave him a lot of that right away). But after 75 or 100 XP I was getting sorta bored, and I had recently read the Ultimate Supermage, so I replaced his particlebeam mutlipower with a mage multipower, and he was almost a sacrifice for an alien sorceror, and it brought up his magical potential.

Short games, games that died or never really took off.

A game where we were the first with superpowers, I played a character with a bunch of little psi powers. Some telepathy, mind control, prescience, telekenesis, and a little energy control. However these powers hit a kid who was 17 and a total star wars nut, and so he thought he turned into a Jedi (his energy control was a “lightsaber†energy out of his hand). He called himself Padawan. He was a blast to play. He was the irritant of that group. He kept quoting Star wars. Another character “I’ll tryâ€. Padawan “There is no try, only do. Or do not.â€

Another lower powered game where the characters were just learning thier powers I built Tempo. He was a muscian (drummer) who got speedster powers. This game died within a month but I loved the character, and, dang it, I still hadn’t played a speedster the way I wanted.

I was intillectually trying to come up with a two character fusion character (a la firestorm) and built Sift a mage with the skills that both her secret IDs had. I played her in a short play be Email game, and then resurected her for my most recent just starting game as a GM PC in the mystic squad.

The New Game.

I am in the process of starting new champions world, with multiple teams that I can bounce around with. I’m using bits of the long running campaings I was in as part of the background, so it is a sequel campaign, and this allows the players to play some of thier older, more powerful characters. Sift is on the mystic squad. Ballastic and Black Cat are in the legacy team (think JLA or Avengers)

Currently playing in a team that ended up being the “teen Champions†is Terminal Velocity. Another teen speedster.His mother was Shrike from European Enemeis, and his father was a superhero. Dad’s wife found out about his stumble from matrimony and set him up to be killed by Eurostar. She left the team they were on, and thier son hunts me.

There have been so many, here are my favorites. All champions

Viking - teleporting brick

Stardust - (F) radiation eb

Moonshade - Darkness MA

Torpedo - flying speedster (R.I.P.)

Samson - brick duh

Positron - (villian) disrutption

Vexion - (cigar smoking villian) - TK

EJ

Note that this does not include characters from cons provided by the GMs.

The list is very short, as I've only been playing the superhero genre since FREd

came out, and most of that I've GM'd.

Paladine : Neigh invulnerable brick with a holy sword and healing powers. I played him in Abberant, which is what made me look for a better system and find HERO.

Senor Misterio : Mystic Martial Artist Luchadore. Played once at a con in a rare bring-your-own-hero Champions game.

Bingo the Clowno : Rubbery clown martial master with growth, shrinking, desolid from 'clown-fu mastery', an xplosive head, belly button missiles, and a circus in his pants. This was a very, very silly Champions game...

And the last one is Javaman, caffeine powered speedster. Also for a bring-your-own-hero champions game at a Con.

i can't remember all the characters i've ever played as i've been gaming for over 20 years, and a significant portion of that was superhero games, but here are my favourites (in no particular order)

Nemesis -(champions) a Dark Champions Telekinetic/Teleporter, basically a dark stalker of the night type.

Luminar -(champions) a Four Colour SuperBoy Scout with Light based powers, such as Lasers, Flashes, Illusions, Invisibility and Flight, he was a glowing example of your optimistic hero, unfortunately he later developed a split personality (when i moved him into a Dark Champions campaign) and changed from Luminar-he who illuminates hope, to Photos he who burns away the darkness.

Prismstar -(DC Heroes) a green lantern from Earth S (pre crisis Shazam world) who's ring was an ancient Druidaic artifact, thereby not being usable against wood, (not original but fun)

Scarlet Legionarre- (Marvel) a armoured hero, with summonable armour, containing a combat computer, and an anti-gravity system, famous for loosing her summoning device in NY City and spending an entire adventure looking for it.

Black Cat - (superworld) a cat/human hybrid with strength, leaping, and claws.

Southern Cross -(Champions) my current character in a Golden Age campaign set in Australia, he's a brick with superstrength, toughness, leaping, as well as speed reading and eidetic memory.

Lordamercy, this will take some thought...

V&V: No clue. I started GMing it almost immediately, so it's entirely possible I've never played a PC.

Champions: Spectrum (the guy in my avatar), Ronin (a Shang-Chi knock-off), The Mighty Mongoose (a flying martial artist/gadgeteer), Gibraltar (a brick), The Crimson Bat (a Batman knockoff), The Red Rapier (Golden Age Swashbuckler Motif), Lodestone (a mystical Starman clone), Nemesis, the Invincible Kid (a teenaged brick), Atlas (a growing brick), Troubadour (Warrior, Poet, Lover), Delta (a sizemorph), and Spectrum again (a new version of my oldest PC).

Marvel Superheroes: Captain America in an Avengers campaign a friend ran. It rocked.

DC Heroes: Martian Manhunter in a short-lived Pre-Crisis JLA game.

Challengers (a sort of supers game Ragnarok Press put out): Defender (the son of Renny and Pat Savage, an unpowered martial artist - one-shot character).

Superworld: Zephyr (a teen air elemental)

I think that covers it. It's hard to say. I've GMed so much more than I've played, so I lose track.

Aberrant: Valentine Drake (movie star with charisma and attractiveness out the wazoo, and minor psychic powers)

I wouldn't attempt to name all the ones I've ever played, mostly because I had a habit of using characters for a game or two to help prevent getting bored with the regulars. This is helpful when you have a character that is active for a decade or more. lol Some of them lasted a few months, but I'll just list the "core" characters that lasted the longest.

Osprey (V&V) who, in hindsight, was rather similar to Guardian/Vindicator. Later he became Defender with powers more similar to the arcade game ship. Many years later, Osprey appeared in Champs similar to his original incarnation.

All the rest Champs:

Omega Man - the singular embodiment of an entire mythical pantheon. Think Shazam/Superman turned up to 11 and given dominion over... well, everything.

Wavemistress - basically a villain by most people's values. Think Aquaman/Namor crossed with Fathom (Elementals), Dr. Strange, Nick Fury, and Doc Savage. Then turn this monster into a self serving gov't agent (and head of the metahuman affairs agency) intending to conquer the world so it'll be safer and a "nicer" place for her children. :ugly: Started out as a real weak Namor/Fathom just trying to earn the attention of her sister (who turned out to be Viper's version of Deathstroke the Terminator).

Captain Rocket - a pulp rocketman's ghost possesses a street tough. Old school pugilism, a Mauser that never runs out of ammo, and a bunch of "Neptunian Technology" for other fancy gadgets (wrist computer, ray gun, fancy sensors in the helmet, etc).

Viator - extreme martial artist. Basically just the family business and an old kung fu movie plot gone awry. The name was used mostly by his masters and enemies of the school (kind of like Grasshopper). He preferred his normal name (and his arch enemy was "Helen" a cousin lol).

Blue Knight (later Avenger, later Eradicator) - Kind of Rom/Iron Man who evolved more into War Machine and then more into the Silver Surfer (if he was focused)

Chris Styles, Monster Hunter - think a supernatural Punisher aided by the ghost of his murdered brother. Add hockey mask and a blessed sword to all the firearms.

Wildcat - imagine Wolverine being chosen, not for a metal skeleton and stuff, but for the Captain America Program. No claws, but a keen shield, enhanced stats, and mad regeneration and senses.

Bolt - different campaign. He's the Flash.

I wouldn't dream of naming off the rest (even if I could), but some of the more enjoyable short-term guys were:

The Right Honorable Sir Vincent Sinclair III - an ex assassin mentalist turned hero. Most notable for his... cowardice and absolute inability to deal with women. The titles, btw, are fake... as is the III... well, the whole name is fake, he just thought it sounded impressive.

Seymour Action, Government Guy - think army sponsored MiB in powered armor. He took the blame for almost everything unsual the gov't wanted to cover up, too (not crimes and stuff, but UFO crashes, testing of secret weapons, etc).

The Iczer - based on Iczer 1, but not very well since anime back then wasn't available much (we had to get pirated tapes copied from LD in Japantown. You kids today have it good!)

Uh... lessee....

Quarterstaff - a badly built Deathstroke the terminator (everything was focused into his staff).

KawangaKid - an armored martial artist with a grapping hook schtick.

The Scarecrow - a guy who could turn into a supernatural straw scarecrow.

Crackshot - Dude who dressed like a cowboy sans the hat, and had near-bottomless trick guns.

The Mechanic - a guy with a VPP set up to abuse the old Gadgeteer rules. Basically a normal height Gizmo.

Wingman - my stab at Hawkman. Lotsa neat move-by based abilities, and a lot of FMove martial arts manuevers.

Alpha Prime - my answer to Acroyear's Omega Man, he was a kid who found an alien/supernatural(?) metal grafted to him in the form of rings. The wrapped around him when he activated them and he became a Captain Atom / Dr. Light rip-off.

FBI Guy - an FBI agent with lots of points in telepathy / TK / mindscan / etc. He kept his abilities a secret and had a rep as one of the best profilers / fugitive hunters in the Bureau.

Starman - DC Heroes character for a Legion of Superheroes game. Your basic energy projector with some massive APs in all the abilities.

Requiem - this was for a pseudo-pulp game set in the future that I played at a convention. One-shot character, he was essentially Batman with a Skull mask and a reaper's scythe.

Ah... I can't remember the others...

Off the top of my head here is all I can remember. (All of these were using Hero System / Champions):

Marvel Universe

Avengers: Iron Man (my favorite character).

X-Men: Colossus, Banshee

Others: Demolition Man

SHIELD Agent: Nick Cartridge (original creation, only shared a first name with Nick Fury. This is an agent in a supers universe so I guess it counts).

Home Brewed Universe

Nova (1st Ed. Champions, predates the Marvel character Nova though surprisingly their costumes were amazingly similar. My Nova was a mentalist(

Synapse (another mentalist).

Enigma (my super-mage and favorite home brew character)

I really GM more than I play and we often play games other than supers.

In what passes for chronological order:

Angelica - winged mutant with freakishly high dex, martial arts

Lant'zr - Alien with wings, claws

Mayhem - Alien mercenary gun-fu guy. Later mutated into teleporter.

Sniper - Originally Mayhem's DNPC, a half-Korean with guns and issues.

Angora - Alien catgirl martial artist with a gun.

Shadowcat - Shapeshifting catgirl. Mayhem's kid.

Harrier - Half Tamaranian martial artist. Sniper's kid.

JadeWing - Dead girl posessed by a dragon's spirit. Flying brick. (C p161)

Twilight - Bunnygirl martial brick. Inspired by Daicon IV animation.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Mutant kid who built a suit of WH40k armor out of junk.

Mittens - Mutant teleporting telekinetic girl. (C p43)

Arcana - Girl with magic bloodline, accidently summoned to this era by DEMON.

Probably left some out. It's late and I'm still packing for GenCon.

Egads…it seems like I’m missing some. These aren’t in order, but it’s the best I can do.

PowerStar (traditional “energy†Eber)

Tempest (supernorm martial artist)

Attacker (low-level super with lots o’ skills & weapons)

Morningstar (traditional plasma Eber)

Wylde (bestial hero)

Revenant (Batman with some powers)

Blink (teleporter)

Cobalt (brick metal-man)

Argent (mentalist)

Ballistic (alternately a gunmen or a bow-wielder)

Ion (Eber, cosmic level)

Impact (Brick)

Magnum (Brick)

Redstrike (sword-wielding martial artist)

Silver Hawk (power armor)

Centurion (power armor)

Bulldog (Brick)

Brawn (Brick, reformed criminal)

Raptor (low-level hero with wings)

Archangel (high-power hero with wings)

Talion (Dark Champs weapons guy)

Willpower (…hard to describe…most a brick/martial artist, I guess)

Primal (sonic Eber)

Tatterdemalion (Dark Champs Green Goblin-esque hero)

Vanguard (high-power alien brick/Eber)

Grey Cavalier (sword-wielding thrillseeker)

Legion (duplicating warrior)

Whisper (desolid spy lady)

Whisper II (sonic Eber with skills)

Guest bblackmoor

I'd have to dig through notebooks to remember them all, but here is a handful of my favorites, in no particular order:

Dr. Redgrave (scientist brick Dr. Octopus clone)

Darknight (lurking supernatural Celtic brick teleporter)

Avalon (idealistic Ukrainian energy projector flying speedster)

Nightveil (Dr. Strange clone)

Frank Jameson (ex-Werewolf retired FBI agent cranky gun-toting old fart)

Modulator (Iron Man clone)

Gandalf (meter-tall brick with a mithril sword)

Nathan Shade (electricity projector -- my very first Champions character)

Banshe (post-punk sonic projector)

Zebra (ridiculously-high-Dex authority-hating mutant trained in martial arts by the CIA)

Lightwave, Hero of Millions: EP first Champions Character I ever made. (circa 1983).

Myrmidon: Immortal weaponsmaster with the ability to summon weapons (usually medieval). Basically a Highlander ripoff. He could only die if his arch enemy died, and vice versa. (Champions and classic Marvel) (circa 1986)

Jetstream: speeedster with a small energy blast (V&V)

Cybermind: telepath and machine controller with a cybernetic brain (classsic Marvel) (circa 1986)

Iron Knight: A low-level vigilante with modern non-powered armor, a special nightstick and a motorcycle. (Champions)(circa 1994)

For all that I like superhero comics, I really haven't played many "Superhero" characters, but superpowered ones.

Menagerie:(Silver Age Sentinels):A shape shifting based on conservation of mass. She could become anything equal in mass to a human, or two of anything half human mass, or four of something a quarter, etc etc. More of a Mutant Supremicist terrorist than a superhero.

Pinnacle (Champions):A growing brick that was a true superhero and member of Factor Five, the greatest champions in her game world.

Stopwatch:A time manipulating mutant/speedster in The Raptors, more of loner and a villian right now but the murderous exploits of her fellow "students" are making her consider defecting to the other side.

Gaia:More of a goddess than a superhero. The incarnation of the Earth's anger (or so she thinks) for a "Cosmic" level game.

I finally remembered the name of one of my V&V PC's. Keep in mind these things are generated randomly. Magic based Fire Powers, Magic Weapon, good Agility and combat skills... I was reading DC's ARAK: Son of Thunder at the time, so I made the axe a Tomahawk and named him FIRE CHIEF.

Ghost Archer: 1982; Started as a desolidifying archer with trick arrows. Has become in addition, a master detective, martial artist, time traveler, world saver and pawn of the Dragon Tsar

Icehawk: 1995; ice-based rich kid. Started out as a rich kid cat burglar with a nasty sense of humor and turned into a proud father and husband and a major provider of financial aid to vast numbers of people in the SeaTac area.

Psion: 1999; full time mentalist, part time brick. Destined by family history to be a lawyer until Fate dropped a fallen angel on his head and altered his way of thinking. No longer a slave to his family he lives a mostly quiet life trying to free the angel from her Earthy prison (and I don't mean by killing her).

Probe: 2002; mentalist. Hunter of family turned invertigator. Now teaching someone how to really experience all that life has to offer.

Nat 'Goliath' Ryan: 2003; boy scout brick. Just a surfer. Lusted after by one and cruelly wronged by her. In love with and loved by another and living with her in exile.

Eric Boone: 2004; cosmic powered bad boy. Primary power seems to be his ability to seduce anyone, to con people out of anything and to pull down whole city blocks with a word.

All Champions and all the PCs I have ever played in 22 years.

Now NPCs . . . I have tons of those.