Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Another NPC for my upcoming WotG game and more experimenting with Painter, this time heavily using the oil brushes as opposed to the watercolor stuff earlier.

This is Angry Wren

AngryWrenloRes.jpg

It looks like you're really onto something with Painter. I love the textures in these last two pictures. :thumbup:

I think some might be interested in how the Weapons of the Gods game is going. Here is a link to an actual play thread:

http://www.eos-press.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=785

Too cool! I have a feeling I'm going to be getting some books in the near future.

Here is another go at RL's Watcher. A 7th Sea character' date=' but with a bit of batman attitude.[/quote']

There is SOMEONE this reminds me of, but I can't think who. I seem to be focussing on the gauntlets. Are they similar to someone I might recognise?

I also think he's wearing an eye patch which makes him extraspooky.

I like this one a lot. It just groks with me.

Storn

That is really cool. Actually, all your recent pictures have been excellent. You've been posting pictures like a madman recently -- did you have a big backlog to catch up on or are you just finding more time to draw?

I had a period of down time from publishers projects and commissions and my own projects moved to the fore. Now, I'm swamped with (shameless plug time) for World of the Dead for Eden Studios... Zombies in all flavors!!!... and the Mastermind Manual, Green Ronin's expanded optional rules for M&M. And, oh yeah, finishing up one L5R card.

But I'm definitely having fun working and have a nice groove going. Which is following a down period when I was sick after New Year's. I definitely have cycles of high production, low production. This is a high production time.

I had a period of down time from publishers projects and commissions and my own projects moved to the fore. Now, I'm swamped with (shameless plug time) for World of the Dead for Eden Studios... Zombies in all flavors!!!... and the Mastermind Manual, Green Ronin's expanded optional rules for M&M. And, oh yeah, finishing up one L5R card.

But I'm definitely having fun working and have a nice groove going. Which is following a down period when I was sick after New Year's. I definitely have cycles of high production, low production. This is a high production time.

You should consider doing this for a living. :cool:

:D

Der Wächter turned out great, Storn! Thanks again for version #2. I still really really like version #1, but this one fits this particular character idea more.

And as for him reminding you of die Kreuzritter, ChaosDrgn.... ;) Get involved in my "Masquerades" 7th Sea scenario I'm running at Gen Con this year to know the full story behind "7th Sea's Batman."

RL

The jedi is actually an older commission, but held back from public view per request of the patron. He wanted to surprise his game group. He gave me permission to post it now that his group has seen the character.

DarrloRes.jpg

Next up is a commission for the Hero Board's very own Jeff T.

NegathosloRes.jpg

I have given Storn now over 20 commissions since 2004 when I started.

15 of these are shown as examples on the site under Fresh Drawings, Doodles and Private Commissions. I am rather touched by this.

I commend you for your contributions, sir. :thumbup:

15 of these are shown as examples on the site under Fresh Drawings, Doodles and Private Commissions. I am rather touched by this.

WOW! 20 x current commision rate - the allotment for Uncle Sam + the deductions ^ Storn's awesomeness / the cost of supplies * PI... Wow, your sending Storn's grand kids to college! ;)

Here have some rep. That should more than balance out your expenditure of cash ;)

If a couple of the others get on the website that would be good as well as they show Storn's versitility.

Missing ones for example are the Alu-Demon and Dr Snail but most of the 2004 commissions and there were 13 of these posted on the board in the year are there.

Thanks for the rep but the thing is I am providing a resource which other people can use because $45 in a month ain't that much to me. I can't draw so I get someone who can to bring the visions to life. Like Britannia who is based on a real person. Said person now has a copy of the pic as well.

WOW! 20 x current commision rate - the allotment for Uncle Sam + the deductions ^ Storn's awesomeness / the cost of supplies * PI... Wow' date=' your sending Storn's grand kids to college! ;)[/quote']

Don't have kids.

But private commissions has paid the taxes a few times... or car repair.. for sure. And I appreciate it. Believe me.

I don't make enough in the game industry to get by without private commissions. Its like a part time job that truly uses my skills and bliss to best advantage.

That's cool and all, but one of my commissions (Archangel) made it into the Necessary Evil book as an example of the sorceror character archetype! When I picked up that book a couple weeks ago and was flipping through it, I was very elated to see him there.

But I'm wondering why Dr. Gravitic didn't make the book... ;)

Richard

That's cool and all, but one of my commissions (Archangel) made it into the Necessary Evil book as an example of the sorceror character archetype! When I picked up that book a couple weeks ago and was flipping through it, I was very elated to see him there.

But I'm wondering why Dr. Gravitic didn't make the book... ;)

Richard

Dunno. I love dr. gravatic.

A few commissions made it into mutants and masterminds 2nd ed too... but I can't keep straight who's pic is who's commission.

Except for Death Tribble, patron extraordinaire.... his sense of humor is memorable.

Btw, DT, I'm working on yours hopefully today... I got to put some M&M sketches to be first though.