If powers were related to personality traits, what power would you have?

Hermit

It's a classic condition in the world of superheroes/villains that dates back way back. Example: Johnny Storm was declared a 'hot head', always rushing off, and with teen attitude...his power, of course, was turning into the human torch. In the movie Incredibles, the creators deliberately took the path of having powers that matched personalities ... Elasti Girl is the mom who's trying to do it all... hence stretching. Dash is an energetic young boy, hence super speed. So on. Gamma radiation REALLY got into the whole 'inner workings of the mind made manifest' situation.

Since there have been some very interesting threads on what sort of power people would pick if they had a conscious choice, I was wondering...

what if the choice was made for you by some personality trait you had? What power would you get then.

In fact, let's break it down.

What power would you get that reflected one of your positive personality traits?

What power would you get that reflected one of your negative personality traits?

Either way, assume the power is beneficial even if the trait isn't :)

Re: If powers were related to personality traits, what power would you have?

Negative - short temperred - seismic shockwaves or controlling/demanding - mind control or arrogant - super intelligence

Positive - generous/helpful - some sort of Aid

Well, I clearly have Multiform, as my personality changes considerably based on which friends I'm with... but assuming I'm in gamer mode:

Positive - Creative Storyteller - Mental Illusions, Incantations

Negative - Loudmouth - Hearing Group Flash, Constant, Incantations

I use to have a sign on my desk that said I couldn't read minds, see the future, walk through walls, be in two places at once or herd cats. So I guest it would be apropo to have Telepathy, Clairvoyance, Desolidfication, and Duplication. As for the last one it would be unbalancing in just about any campaign:D

I was going to go for the smart-ass answer, but I'll try to create a serious response instead... which still sounds smart-ass.

Focus on the Negative Power Suite

1. There's No Such Thing as Perfect: Detect Weakness
  2. Something's Not Right Here: Danger Sense
  3. This Will Never Work: Precognition, limited to negative consequences
  4. Whatever Can Go Wrong...: TK, NCC, IPE, Lim: Only to make things go badly for opponent
  5. Just a Rough Draft: +2 skill levels, Usable by Others, 1 minute delay, Incantations: Explain new idea

Positive: Good Judge of Character: Maybe a Detect Personality, Discriminatory, Analyze or Mind Scan

Negative: Bouts of Nihilism: How about a PBAoE Pestilence type effect.

Bonus: Weird Physical Trait: Exceptionally healthy for my size: At 350+ lbs. I don't have the characteristic fat guy flaws. So how about an overall resistance or defense?

Thinking about the three powers it could actually make for a nasty tank type character. Good presence and speaking skills. Drawing the players in to a sense of security, then belches filth and sickness even as they are lured by his charm.

Deduction and Danger Sense because I'm a writer, and know all the plots and cliches.

Mind Control, Conversation, seduction, and persuasion because I know how to talk to people.

Invisibility because I can fade into the background when necessary.

Acrobatics because I can run in high heels.

HKA attack because I can kick with high heels.

Hunted: Stalker (Less Powerful)

Code Against Killing

Overconfident

Secret Identity

Negative: underconfident - Shrinking.

Positive: very intelligent - Super-Intelligence.

Negative: not particularly technically minded - No gadgeteering. :(

With enough training, I could be the Atom, or Hank Pym. Not bad.

POSITIVE: Pessimism-- A field of all consuming darkness that sucks life and joy out of everyone it envelopes, draining them of hope and leaving them incapable of action or even thought.

NEGATIVE: The same only more so.

POSITIVE: Pessimism-- A field of all consuming darkness that sucks life and joy out of everyone it envelopes, draining them of hope and leaving them incapable of action or even thought.

NEGATIVE: The same only more so.

Lets see, if I know my comic book tropes this should work to turn your powers off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38638[/ATTACH]

Positive - Thinks things through, plans ahead and tends to have what I need. - Good grief! Can we say Batman as in "always has a plan and has gadget to go with the plan"? Vpp gadget pool of some sort, but must be prepared ahead of time - except maybe for a small Vpp for anything.

Negative - Although very patient, if my patience is exhausted, I can get dangerous. High strength only when patience exhausted.

I am one of those people who are disgustingly cheerful in the morning. Thats an area effect attack right there.

Mental blast 6D6 area effect, personal immunity

I am also a procrastinator. 12D6 Mind control. Area effect. Only one command: "Attack Pizza Man tomorrow"

I'm also bull headed/stuck in my beliefs. Mental defense 25. Hardened.

Hmmm...

if I was really doing this activity I'd work my optimism and idealism to a brick format. - something akin to DC's Captain Marvel. But that's kind of a stretch.

Strength of Convictions: +30 STR, +20 CON +5 BODY +10 rDEF, +10 REC, +40 END +40 STUN

Idealism gives me wings: 20m Flight

I get knocked down, but I get up again: Regeneration

On the down side:

Naivite gets me smacked: +10 Mental Defense only to "Reality Based Attacks :) "

Stubborn: -5m Knockback Resistance, -5 Resistance (talent)

Overly Cautious: Dangersense

I have positive personality traits?

As far as negative goes, probably the ability to slow time, representing my laziness and lack of motivation to do things. :)

Hello my power brother.

I can be terribly impatient at times, generally go rather bonkers if I can't be doing something, hate tardiness and apathy like you would not believe, and take considerable pride in finishing tasks as quickly and efficiently as possible. I'm always having to wait for folks when I'm on foot, because I hate having to mosey along sedately. Being stuck in traffic absolutely infuriates me.

At a glance, superspeed seems like a good fit for a single superpower.

Animal speech/control would be pretty appropriate too - I've had friends comment on how I seem to have a rapport with critters (just good awareness of their habits, behavior, and body language).

Stubborn: 12 levels Density Increase

No, I Mean Really Stubborn: +30 EGO, +25 resistant Mental Defense

And I Don't Panic Easily Either: +30 PRE defense

But One Day I Won't Be Able To Keep The Rage Bottled Up Any More: 8d6 RKA Explosion, Megascale

Positive: Read You Like an Open Book: Telepathy, Mind Control, Clairvoyance

Negative: You Just Got Stupid Stains on my Shoes: Mental Blast, Requires Eye Contact, Must Use if Confronted with Inanity because I'm getting less and less tolerant of naivete and willful ignorance.

My wife and I independently decided that one of my powers should be X-ray vision, but we had different reasons for it. I've always felt that one of my greatest strengths was the ability to see the different sides to an issues, and x-ray vision seemed like a good way get to this without some complicated build of clairsentience. My wife just feels that I'm good at seeing through stuff.

For a weakness based power, I was thinking teleport. I always get really bent out of shape when I think that I'm going to be late for something, but I also don't like leaving real early to get places. Teleport seemed like a good answer to this problem.

I dont know if I have anything positive. I think I can put this down.

Positive: No matter what happens, I can slog through most things. High defenses maybe, or body of water.

Negative: I only care about what I care about so maybe a shield for DNPCS

CES