Destroy Your Geek Cred!!

Destroying My Cred

1) I absolutely hate Star Trek and Star Wars. I think they are a disgrace to Sci-Fi.

2) I am a Marvel fan, but I am disgusted by Guardians of the Galaxy. Same reason as #1. 

3) Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Super Girl/Power Girl are terrible character designs and are comic injustices.

4) Never seen Die Hard.

5) Never seen Never Ending Story in its entirety, and I hated the part I did watch. 

6) Captain America is overrated, and I hated the first and second Captain America movies. 

7) Never really liked Pokemon. 

8) Never played any MMO other than WoW. (That's right, I have never played guild wars)

9) The only three video game series I truly enjoy are Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Kingdom Hearts. (I enjoy some single release games like Overwatch, but not any other series like F-Zero or Super Mario)

10) Nintendo is a disgrace to gaming. 

11) I have never and never will own an XBOX. 

12) I absolutely hate Skyrim, Morrowind, and Daggerfall. The only Elder Scrolls game I like is Oblivion. 

13) Mad Max is a terrible movie series. 

So yeah. 

Never seen an episode of Doctor Who, or even a commercial for it.

Never read a Harry Potter book, seen a Harry Potter movie, or had any interest in doing so.

If you held a gun to my head you couldn't make me read anything Tolkien. Ditto for the movies.

2001 put me to sleep.

I like Jar Jar.

I hate C-3PO.

Midiclorians did not bother me in the least.

With extremely rare exceptions, I don't like anime.

I hate D&D. EVERY VERSION!

I have seen exactly one episode of The Big Bang Theory and did not find it even slightly funny.

I like Madonna, and This Used To Be My Playground can make me cry.

I think Halle Berry is vastly overrated and unattractive.

I hated the Christopher Nolan Batman movies.

Oh, great! Just what this thread needs is more Drama.

As long as we don't get too Close To The Edge of bad taste...

The biggest gaps in my geek cred:

MMOs: never played one, little interest in video games in general.

Collectible Card Games: bore the crap out of me.

All those classic 80s cartoons that "everyone" loves? Transformers, GI Joe, etc? Missed most of them.

Anime: can't stand it.

Star Wars Extended Universe: never got into it. Enjoyed the Timothy Zahn Heir To The Empire trilogy, but that was it.

Oh, great! Just what this thread needs is more Drama.

I thought (and still think) that Drama is a pretty good album. The interplay between Chris Squire and Steve Howe on "Tempus Fugit" alone is worth the price of admission.

It was orders of magnitude better than Tormato.

I thought (and still think) that Drama is a pretty good album. The interplay between Chris Squire and Steve Howe on "Tempus Fugit" alone is worth the price of admission.

It was orders of magnitude better than Tormato.

Tormato gets very little play in my collection. Drama, on the other hand, gets played fairly often, as does its sister album, the Buggles' Adventures in Modern Recording.

You didn't miss much, if you ask me. They were tripe, for the most part.

In execution, definitely - many, many 80s shows are flat out unwatchable, cartoon or not.  

What sticks with the nostalgic fans was the *concept* - and the concept ("Two warring factions of giant robots crash on earth and resume their battle - taking on the forms of earth vehicles to blend in") is still solid.  

There are still days where I wish fabulous powers would be revealed to me when I hold aloft my magic sword and say "By the power of Greyskull".

Tormato gets very little play in my collection. Drama, on the other hand, gets played fairly often, as does its sister album, the Buggles' Adventures in Modern Recording.

I probably haven't listened to Adventures in Modern Recording in at least a decade. I may have to track that down.

I always thought that Mars was a better name than Ares, that Venus was a better name than Aphrodite, that Mercury is a better name than Hermes and Saturn is a better name than Cronus.

And that Livy, Virgil, Tacitus and Juvenal were better than Aristotle, Socrates and Herodotus. And that Julius Caeser was better than Alexander the Great

I always thought that Mars was a better name than Ares, that Venus was a better name than Aphrodite, that Mercury is a better name than Hermes and Saturn is a better name than Cronus.

And that Livy, Virgil, Tacitus and Juvenal were better than Aristotle, Socrates and Herodotus. And that Julius Caeser was better than Alexander the Great

this is destroy your GEEK cred, not destroy your GREEK cred!

I can't speak to the names of the original Japanese Power Rangers.

The American Rangers--on the other hand--were Zack ("Mastodon!") Kimberly ("Pterodactyl!") Billy ("Triceratops!") Trini ("Saber-Tooth Tiger!") and Jason ("Tyrannosaur!") then later came Tommy ("Dragon-Zord!")

I wasn't that crazy about some of the monsters they fought.  A pig's head with arms, legs and a Roman helmet--to mention one example--doesn't come off as that credible of a threat to me, or anyone else over the age of six.  But as an Ultraman fan, I'm not exactly one to throw stones.  I did like the Rangers' uniforms, especially the helmets.  I just wish they could have fought more credible monsters--something like the Zoanoids from Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor.  (Which would make a really good live-action TV series to my mind.)

Hope that helps.

I can't speak to the names of the original Japanese Power Rangers.

The American Rangers--on the other hand--were Zack ("Mastodon!") Kimberly ("Pterodactyl!") Billy ("Triceratops!") Trini ("Saber-Tooth Tiger!") and Jason ("Tyrannosaur!") then later came Tommy ("Dragon-Zord!")

I wasn't that crazy about some of the monsters they fought.  A pig's head with arms, legs and a Roman helmet--to mention one example--doesn't come off as that credible of a threat to me, or anyone else over the age of six.  But as an Ultraman fan, I'm not exactly one to throw stones.  I did like the Rangers' uniforms, especially the helmets.  I just wish they could have fought more credible monsters--something like the Zoanoids from Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor.  (Which would make a really good live-action TV series to my mind.)

Hope that helps.

Somebody should set up a "GWAR band member or Power Rangers monster?" quiz based on that description.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen a little of the Matrix movies and I do not care to see any more of the Matrix movies.

I have never seen any of the Harry Potter Movies and I never read any of Harry Potter books.  I do not care to see the movies or read the books.

I have never liked Superman.

I have never played WOW.

I have never seen Game of Thrones or read the books it is based on.