Destroy Your Geek Cred!!

I watched (or at least tried) all the superhero TV shows - abandoned Gotham about 6 or so episodes in, and haven't come back to agents of Shield for season three. Peggy Carter I dropped after a couple. I watch Flash, Arrow, Daredevil and Jessica Jones. So I got geek cred there... So finding areas I don't have geek cred....

Superhero related - I don't really buy many comics these days - due to quality for writing though, not lack of interest in the genre.

I don't prefer Star Trek or Star Wars over each other - so I guess that makes me unusual.

I tend not to read any kind of fan Fiction.

I've only read 2 manga, and I've only seen 3 or 4 anime series (which I watched with the wife). So that is limited.

I don't play PC video games at all- Console player all the way, and I never Video Game RPGs. when I play my video games it's action, platforming, music or "casual" gaming.

Never been to any kind of convention ever.

Never watching Game of Thrones, and will never go back to reading the books. Never finished Robert Jordan. I can't stand Swords and Sorcery fiction so I hate Conan, Fafrd & Grey Mouser and the "anti S&S" Elric.

Not sure how much cred I destroy with those.

Other than an excerpt from Atlas Shrugged for a Business class in college and various early Rush lyrics, I haven't read anything by Ayn Rand.

That just shows you have taste. :)

I remember watching the first season of Andromeda and saw the Nietzschian reading Fountainhead. And I thought - a race built on the philosophy of those two is perfect for the bad guy race.

I don't like David Tennant, or more specifically, consider him a character actor of no particular note.

Can't stand Heinlien's juvenile fiction(meaning, the stuff written for young boys).

Don't like Star Trek DS9.

Have yet to see a sequel to a comic book based movie that was not worse than the original, and always derivative of it.

I am only tolerating the very idea of something called a speed force because I'm enjoying the flash show.

Oh, yeah, the last time I liked Wolverine was in the 1980s.

And I don't have any particular opinion either way regarding the back to the future movies, which is apparently unheard of.

Finally, I can't stand Stan Lee.

Which version ? I grew up in the 70s and the 25 minute version had a cliffhanger at the end of each story. 20 episodes a year on a Saturday night. Wonderful.

I can understand why people might not be into the new version.

Well, I tried watching a couple of episodes with my Whovian college roommate around 1992, but I couldn't tell you when they were filmed.  I tried watching a handful of episodes of the new one over the past couple of years.  I honestly couldn't tell you much about any of the episodes--they just didn't hold my attention.

• 7 months later...