Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

If they could get the right guy to play him, I'd be all over a Doom-focused film.  I can't think of another Marvel villain that deserves a leading role more.

Agree, but let's make it at least two films. First one is an origin film, and the second is how it takes control of Latveria now that he is its ruler. 

I understand the appeal of a film with Dr. Doom as the lead character, but I'd rather see him hinted at as a background character in a few films first, similarly to how Thanos was introduced. Build audience intrigue and anticipation for him to make his full debut more impactful.

There's no reason Doom can't have been quietly building his power base in Latveria in the MCU for years.

As much fun as its been seeing Magneto on the screen in the X-Men films, they really have rarely done him justice as a character.  He really was only good in the first two films, then after that they didn't quite get him as a villain.  For that matter, nobody seems to get Lex Luthor either :/

If I had the money and control, I'd do a New Mutants TV show, make it low key and more like those manga high school stories than just "supergroup that pretends its kids"

2 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

If I had the money and control, I'd do a New Mutants TV show, make it low key and more like those manga high school stories than just "supergroup that pretends its kids"

Just follow the original books (80's).  Not the rewrite/revision stuff.  They have a great storyline.

51 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Kinda nervous what they'll do with Adam Warlock and Bro Thor (who has transitioned into DCU Aquaman).

Eh.  I think they mixed humor and pathos reasonably well in the two previous GotG films.  I think they recognize the danger of becoming too campy.  

19 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Kinda nervous what they'll do with Adam Warlock and Bro Thor (who has transitioned into DCU Aquaman).

Warlock in the comics is so tied in to Thanos it's tough to see what they would do with him.  No soul gem, no Thanos, he's just a blank slate.  I suspect a "Warlock in Name Only" to accompany "Mantis in Name Only"