DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

But if she played Jesus, I'd watch that.

I would too.

I think a remake of the Passion of the Christ with a non-caucasian female lead would be the most boycotted movie in history.  I can easily imagine every major incendiary movement finding something to scream about.  It would be glorious.

Well, Batman didn't actually acknowledge that Captain America would "kick his rump." After the two of them initially tested each other, what Batman said was, "It's conceivable you could beat me, Avenger... but it would take you a long time."

Which is about as close as you'll ever get to Batman admitting it.

Well, Batman didn't actually acknowledge that Captain America would "kick his rump." After the two of them initially tested each other, what Batman said was, "It's conceivable you could beat me, Avenger... but it would take you a long time."

I never saw it, but from the movies I'm imagining Cap's response as "I could do this all day."

Of course that's predicated on Batman not using the various Bat-vehicles and their weapons systems.

The TV Flash suit looks like a suit, not high-tech armor. Why can't they just go with something like that? Barry Allen has all the power he needs without toys.

And Hollywood's obsession with making every superhero look like Iron Man continues...

When John Wesley Shipp played Barry Allen in the Nineties, they made his suit look like Michael Keaton's Batman, with big sculpted muscle padding. I guess that's what Hollywood thought super costumes were supposed to look like at the time. The fact Shipp was already muscular left him looking more like the Hulk than the Flash.

The current tv Flash costume isn't bad, but for someone who runs at supersonic speeds, it needs to eliminate all of its overlapping materials and obvious seams. It needs to look more like a speedskater's suit; in other words, the traditional superhero spandex. In the case of the Flash, a thin, seamless bodysuit actually makes sense for the character, and isn't just a genre-based aesthetic choice. But Hollywood can't stand to make that choice even when it makes sense from a "realism" point of view.

One of the things I like about Supergirl is that she and Superman have very traditional costumes. And the producers have found a way to make it work, which proves that it can work. All it takes is the right creative vision and a little creative courage.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Missing more than half the cast, and as much as I like Blue Beetle... already disappointed.

(The lineup of the animated movie, which is not a literal adaptation but takes a more "inspired by" approach, is slightly altered, as Cyborg is now a member of the Justice League in the comics and animated movies. Blue Beetle is among the new characters on the team.)

new_teen_titans_judas_contract_tp_1516.j

Sadly, the thing that struck me was Miguel Ferrer died? Damn, I really like him as an actor and his characters.

He was the voice of Aquaman on Superman the Animated Series.

He was the Weatherman in the Justice League of America TV Pilot.