Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Bah, I have staring contest with Cthulhu all the time, unaffected.

My mind was already questionable.

It is good to be self aware. Those already mad have nothing to fear.

It is entirely possible that much of the nation will have failed their SAN check by 2020 anyway.

2020 Presidential Candidate Pete Buttigieg Announces Bold Plan For 2,500-Mile Intercontinental Riverwalk

Touting the benefits in tourism and business revenue that such a project had already brought to his hometown, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate and South Bend, IN mayor Pete Buttigieg announced Thursday a bold plan for a 2,500-mile intercontinental riverwalk. “At a time when Americans are more divided than ever, what this country needs is a riverwalk that will provide people from all strata of society with continuous strolling, dining, and festival opportunities,” said Buttigieg, gesturing to a watercolor architectural rendering of the Intercontinental Riverwalk that he described as his “core campaign plank,” which would revitalize the country’s heartlands by attracting sorely needed coffee shops, clothing boutiques, and artisanal cocktail bars in riverside locations stretching from coast to coast.

6 hours ago, Pariah said:

I'd be satisfied if we could call him "Former President of the United States".

Given what I think of all the Dem candidates, I have decided for 2021-2025 the President should be "Vacant".

I might not think so, yet.  But, they the Dem candidates are all desperately trying to convince me that Trump is "the lesser evil".   (take that as you must) :think:

Edit: Trying to accept the fact, I will probably never again vote in the presidential election.

Their policy ideas are in opposition to my beliefs in how things should be done.  Admittedly they've drifted in that direction since I can remember.  But, now they've pressed the gas hard.  Short of going policy by policy, I'd rather not be more specific as my outrage has been tapped out at the moment.

You have to remember I am a fiscal conservative caught between Less Taxes vs More Spending.  (the best titles for their fiscal philosophies).   

I'm a fiscal conservative as well, but Trump is dangerous.  He brings a level of diviseness, corruption and anti-science that damages the soul of the country.  He radicalizes the left and the right, makes us politically unstable and weakens our alliances.  His main claim to fame is the economy which, like it or not Republicans, was already on a meteoric rise (by all the standard indicators) for the 8 years before he took office.

52 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Actually he has:

spacer.png

(I suspect the figure for Trump is low.)

Now run the same chart based on the party that has the majority in congress...

The best mix so far seems to be Democrat president + Republican congress.