Funny Pics II: The Revenge

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

Append "Oh, ditch the heels.  Wear comfortable shoes," and you might even get a hug.

I cant pull that one off.  The wife is five-eleven and a nurse.  I don't think she even _owns_ heels.

The most brownie points I ever got was on our wedding day (she had heels for that).  Right after the ceremony, on the way to the reception, I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a small roll of fabric and rubber.  On the advice of my sister M, I had purchased something called 'roll up flats."  They are essentially fake shoes, consisting of nothing more than a thin sole and some stretchy fabric.  At a glance, the look like Mary James.

I have never seen anyone strip of a pair of fetish-laced heels faster before or since she laid eyes on those.   :lol:

After two surgeries to remove bone spurs in her feet, my wife hasn't worn anything with more than a nominal heel in 20 years or so.  There did seem to be some ... expectations ... about how women attorneys were supposed to dress, including their shoes.

Earlier in life, though, the "Don't wear heels for me" was worth a couple of points.

5 hours ago, Cancer said:

There did seem to be some ... expectations ... about how women attorneys were supposed to dress, including their shoes.

That has always been the weirdest thing to me: there are number of professions where heels are _expected_ for women, and I have to be honest with you:

I have always felt that, owing to their overall impracticality, they are by nature extremely unprofessional.

One man's opinion and all that.

It’s all well and good for all the guys on this site to comment on this. But there is the fact that no piece of modern men’s business attire is as painful to wear, useless and dangerous as an article of clothing, and sole reason for it’s existence is as fetish fuel for members of the opposite sex as the modern high heel shoe.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:39 PM, Tjack said:

It’s all well and good for all the guys on this site to comment on this. But there is the fact that no piece of modern men’s business attire is as painful to wear, useless and dangerous as an article of clothing, and sole reason for it’s existence is as fetish fuel for members of the opposite sex as the modern high heel shoe.

Necktie.  Why do we willingly tie our own nooses?

58 minutes ago, Christougher said:

Necktie.  Why do we willingly tie our own nooses?

I knew some guy was gonna bring up neckties. Women every year take a misstep and break their ankles or injure their knees. And that’s not even considering trying to walk in high heels across ice or snow.

It takes a major idiot to injure himself badly by catching a tie in something bad enough to rate a hospital visit and I think we might be better off dropping that person from the gene pool anyway.  Besides you can always go with a tie clip to make yourself safe.
  Also if you find a necktie that uncomfortable to wear you can either loosen it or for the sake of appearances get one of those elastic things that stretch between the button and the hole, and no one knows any the wiser.

4 hours ago, Tjack said:

I knew some guy was gonna bring up neckties. Women every year take a misstep and break their ankles or injure their knees. And that’s not even considering trying to walk in high heels across ice or snow.

It takes a major idiot to injure himself badly by catching a tie in something bad enough to rate a hospital visit and I think we might be better off dropping that person from the gene pool anyway.  Besides you can always go with a tie clip to make yourself safe.
  Also if you find a necktie that uncomfortable to wear you can either loosen it or for the sake of appearances get one of those elastic things that stretch between the button and the hole, and no one knows any the wiser.

When I was in my 20's and working in the repair department of car dealerships, most anyone who'd been working a couple of decades in the business had a horror story to tell about someone getting their necktie caught in a fan belt. Usually happened to one of the service advisors writing up the repair order or some customer leaning over his own engine pointing out what he thinks needs repair.

Slightly less common were stories of Things Gone Wrong with people who wear steel toe shoes in the shop so they could avoid minor accidents. Usually those stories involve large car parts crushing the shoe anyway and trapping the poor person's foot inside until the emergency room can figure out how to safely cut the footwear off without the person bleeding out or losing most of his foot.

Stories about people seriously messing up their hand by wearing their wedding ring while working on cars (or painting houses) was a distant third. But I actually saw people whose hands had been visibly mangled from that one.

40 minutes ago, Tjack said:

In 1978 Apollo astronaut, Neil Armstrong lost the tip of his finger from having his wedding ring catch on something.  He packed it in ice and it was reattached.

My uncle when he was a young man had his wedding ring catch on a ladder as he was slipping and falling off of it.

Nearly jerked the digit out from the middle of his hand. It permanently increased the length of that finger close to half an inch, plus gave him a loss of function and dexterity with it.

Maybe they could have done a better job fixing it these days but it looked freaky as hell. And looked painful even decades later.