Funny Pics II: The Revenge

Never having any experience with either of these, I would have preferred pounds or tons.

The fact that the author did not use pounds or tons and instead used something that I am reasonably certain _most_ of his readers have on intimate familiarity suggests the xhoice was intentional (and likely playing into gag).

Taken as a group, these thoughts suggest quite strongly that even if we adopted the metric system a century ago, this still would have been measured in elephant babies  per corgi.

Edited by Duke Bushido

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

343766496_3513936772184487_3758545178468

1 hour ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

Yes, I have had that question. 

I worked for a deep discount bookstore back in the nineties, and my store manager had a story about a former employee and "yellow book people".

Customer: "I'm looking for a book. I don't know the title or the author, but the cover is yellow."

Employee: "Let me take you to our yellow books section."

Customer: "You have a yellow books section?"

Employee: "No, not really."

35 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

I worked for a deep discount bookstore back in the nineties, and my store manager had a story about a former employee and "yellow book people".

Customer: "I'm looking for a book. I don't know the title or the author, but the cover is yellow."

Employee: "Let me take you to our yellow books section."

Customer: "You have a yellow books section?"

Employee: "No, not really."

It's the ..for Dummies section

2 hours ago, Bazza said:

12640991.jpg

it has a sequel too. One of my favs is still CS Lewis’ ‘Lionel Richie & the wardrobe’. Although pop-up books on sex ed; and an inquiry about Anne Frank’s sequel…because she is such a good writer…are as Neil says, “so funny. So sad”. 

In the early 2000s, I worked at a bookstore. A woman asked me for the Idiot by Homer Simpson. While this sounds like a humorous book that the creators of the Simpsons might have produced, no such thing exists, or existed at the time. The customer refused to believe us, going so fat as to show her the inventory system. After a bit of de-escalation, we pivoted and asked why she wanted this book so badly. They needed it for their child, who had to read it for English Lit class. At that point, the manager asked, do you mean the Iliad by Homer?

That was the book. 

End. 

6 hours ago, Bazza said:

it has a sequel too. One of my favs is still CS Lewis’ ‘Lionel Richie & the wardrobe’. Although pop-up books on sex ed; and an inquiry about Anne Frank’s sequel…because she is such a good writer…are as Neil says, “so funny. So sad”. 

Don't forget "Tequila Mockingbird"