2019-2020 NFL Thread

Old Man

Philip Rivers Factoid of the Week:

• Philip Rivers and wife Tiffany have nine children: two boys and seven girls.
  • Rivers’ mom was one of nine children: two boys and seven girls.
  • Rivers’ grandfather was one of nine children: two boys and seven girls.

11 hours ago, Pariah said:

Yeah, I wonder if the person(s) responsible for Tampa Bay's name and logo are Herophiles...?

TBVipers.png

If so, they must have serious doubts over the chances of the franchise surviving. VIPER football players -- or, as we Champions players know them, "brightly-colored speed bumps".

I don't undertsand why McMahon thinks this XFL will succeed where the last one failed -- or indeed why he thought tryong to get into football again after getting spanked so badly twenty years ago was a good idea in the first place.

Seriously, though, the Vipers logo looks like an Overwatch League team. Which promises to be more consistently entertaining than the XFL.

18 hours ago, Cancer said:

Andrew Luck announced his retirement.  Guess I can't blame him.

Considering that team management could not or world not put a competent offensive line in front of him to protect him, I agree.

I wasn't expecting the Colts to enter a 15-year rebuilding program so soon :(

On 8/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, Old Man said:

It’s funny, I really haven’t seen a lot of outrage over Luck’s retirement.  Could it be that people are starting to understand how physically destructive football is?  I remember how Ricky Williams was treated after he retired. 

Would be nice. Though Indianapolis did boo him. 

I will say this. Most of the ire I've seen is pointed at Irsay and Gri...swald? The GM. 

13 minutes ago, Old Man said:

To be fair, we've been scratching our heads for five years wondering why they don't get Luck an offensive line.  Perhaps this will be a teachable moment,.

100% this. I'm not particularly an Andrew Luck fan, nor am I a hater. Their personnel and rehab management around him are criminal.