Coronavirus

Steve

So, I got my brain tickled on Tuesday, returned to work on Wednesday and Thursday, got my booster shot on Thursday after work, was down for four days (counting today) with shot reaction, required to get my brain tickled again for those symptoms . . . I'm starting to lose count of my COVID swabs. Probably pushing ten at this point.

As expected, Omicron does evade Pfizer immunity to a significant degree:

FGCETVdXIAkGymW?format=jpg&name=small

Not totally disastrous, however.  Vaccination may still confer enough immunity to keep people out of the hospital, especially if vaccination+third booster is equivalent to vaccination+infection.  We'll still have to wait a couple of weeks (meaning, we'll have to wait for people to start dying) to know what the real world implications are.

Oh my.  

The South Africa numbers show why omicron is causing another big round of worries.

300 cases a day or so, for much of mid-November.  An  upswing as the month ended...but MASSIVE jump in December, now up to 10,000 new cases a day.

Omicron likely isn't the only reason, of course, but still...South Africa doesn't celebrate Turkey Day, and it's too early for Christmas gatherings.  It's summer down there, not winter.  No obvious difference...except omicron. 

Delta was present, if not prevalent, in South Africa.  IIRC South Africa is somewhere around 50% vaccinated as well.  Regardless, Omicron is massively outcompeting Delta (and all other covid strains).  That was apparent 2.5 weeks ago through testing, which is why everyone flipped their s__t back then.  The biggest question now is how lethal it is.

Meanwhile, the bill for 60 days of intubation in the ICU:

Spoiler

fme0wravjf481.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

2 minutes ago, Greywind said:

WHOA!!!!  Time out here.

This site also has these stories:

The Georgia audit held in November 2020 after the election that provided the corrupt Secretary of State support that the election in his state was fine was not fine itself. Some damaging information provided through an FOIA request verifies this.

And another story about election fraud in Arizona;  those stories are from July.  Another echoes a Newsmax story that Pope Francis is dying...which has zero corroboration or even supporting information.  

So this alleged story has a HIGH probability of being nothing but disinformation and lies in my book.  

8 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

Is the AG some secret relative of Bolsonaro?

I'd say, try to get a recall election going, but even if successful, that would take far too long.  

I don't know if anyone else can have standing to file an appeal.  This is really obscene, IMO.  The comments eviscerate the AG and the whole situation, at least on the first page.

2 hours ago, Greywind said:

As much as I enjoy falling down conservative media rabbit holes, if you can find a link to the actual "CUMULATIVE ANALYSIS OF POST-AUTHORIZATION ADVERSE EVENT REPORTS OF PF-07302048 (BNT162B2) RECEIVED THROUGH 28-FEB-2021" report, do link it here.   Thanks.