Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

Well, WOTC just lost any future business of mine they may have had:

Wizards Of The Coast Raids YouTuber’s House To Take Back Magic: The Gathering Cards

Sending Pinkertons to intimidate someone for accidentally getting product early instead of just giving them a call or sending an email first? Classy.

Edit: Changed "rough up" to "intimidate," misspoke there. Nobody was touched. Just Pinkertons tossing around threats and being general bungholes.

Edited by Pattern Ghost

23 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Wizards Of The Coast Raids YouTuber’s House To Take Back Magic: The Gathering Cards

Sending Pinkertons to intimidate someone for accidentally getting product early instead of just giving them a call or sending an email first? Classy.

Edit: Changed "rough up" to "intimidate," misspoke there. Nobody was touched. Just Pinkertons tossing around threats and being general bungholes.

After 173 years, Pinkertons are still acting as corporate goons.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:41 AM, Pattern Ghost said:

I can understand concern at product getting out before its scheduled release date, but yes, the response seems, um, heavy handed and ill conceived?

I admit, WotC wasn't getting any more money from me anyway. I've never bought anything from them but D&D corebooks and supplements, and skipped the last two 5e supplements because they held nothing I found useful. No false modesty, here: I think I could provide WotC with better supplementary material than they are providing me.

Dean Shomshak

In Canada a few weeks ago I got into a discussion about the most influential Canadian musicians, and he was brought up. I realized that I had grown up on a steady diet of Lightfoot when I was a kid, though I hadn't listened much in several years. I can say I liked his work, and I still maintain he had one of the most singular voices in music. RIP

I think Malcolm Reynolds explains it best.  (And obviously, I'm paraphrasing.)

"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again.  Maybe on another network, maybe on this network swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make.  .  .a cop show musical.  And I do not hold to that.  So no more rebootin'.  I aim to make decent TV."