PREDATORS -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Steve Long

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PREDATORS -- What Do *You* Want To See?

I'd like to suggest for a really freaky villian something like the villian in unbreakable....who wants to create heros' date=' even if that means he has to become a serial killer to do it......[/quote']That's a great idea. He was creepy, and really was a type of serial killer except he commited mass murder each time.

Or how about a psychotic supervillain who goes around blasting innocent people with "Z-Rays" just so they'll get superpowers and become his archnemesis, except they all keep dying from radiation poisoning... :shock:

Cultists, fanatics, secret societies, supernatural entities. Possibly even an equivalent to an Elder God - some form of evil entity behind the scenes with insidious and nefarious plans.

And characters with good nemesis qualities - escape routes, bases, clones, personality transfers or just generally smart enough to be a recurring character.

Might consider excluding any sex-crime related villains/material. I know it sounds dopey' date=' but it somehow always comes across as extra-creepy to see that stuff in a gaming supplement. As a side note, you might even consider putting some sort of adult-content label on the cover.[/quote']

That reminds me of the main reason I got rid of some of the 4E, Iron Crown era Dark Champions villain supplements -- they read like Rule One of the writers' guidelines was "All female characters must be raped/molested".

I don't know what sort of a gender mix Steve has planned, but I'm hoping for more creativity in the females' backgrounds.

As an option for those whose DC is run in a Champions setting: a former 4-colour minor villain who "retired" his spandex and went back to his original street roots and has made something of himself in the underworld.

One option being, he does this using his brains, not his powers, leaving a rather nasty surprise when the PCs try to take him down...

Guest Worldmaker

Some ex-KGB agent types; good for both espionage related games' date=' but also in organized crime, or any more cinematic game.[/quote']

Former KGB super-soldiers, now released upon the world and working as hired muscle for the criminal masterminds.

I'd like to see a Dark Champions revamp of a few older characters:

Phoenix Fist from Murderer's Row: This lady always struck me as Dark Champions answer to Lady Shiva from the Batman comics, pretty much the best non-superpowered martial artist that you'd ever find.

Cain, also from Murderer's Row: This guy could give the Harbinger a pretty decent run for his money, only he's a criminal and a master of espionage.

Gunmetal Silk from Underworld Enemies: Another interesting character from the 4th Edition days. She makes for an interesting underworld bodyguard or assassin.

Purge from Underworld Enemies: While admittedly of the 'weird' powers type of character, the Purge suit made for a fun way to explore how different people made use of a common set of abilities that the Purge suit carried. It was another way to make an 'unkillable' sort of enemy.

I'd also like to see another criminal organization return, RAVEN. They were the sort of criminal organization that James Bond would go up against, and always reminded me quite a bit of SPECTER. Between RAVEN and Card Shark, I could keep a vigilante busy for quite a while.

I believe someone else also mentioned Arsenal and his gang. I would second that nomination.

By the time I got around to opening this thread there were already a lot of posts and I only had time to skim them all right now so, if some of these ideas have already been posted, sorry.

1. Give us a corrupt policeman and/or federal agent, they are great snakes-in-the grass to obstruct the heroes with.

2. Computer crime is good, give us an uber-hacker.

3. A con-man or an enemy spy-type would be fun to spring on the characters. Someone who is patient and very good at what he does. He can get into the character's confidence and then several months down the line sell them out to his real employeers (crimelords or whoever).

4. I want a good wheelman. A delivery driver of sorts. A person who will dilever anything or anybody regardless of legality, for the right price. A person with a reputation of never failing his task.

Cultists, fanatics, secret societies, supernatural entities. Possibly even an equivalent to an Elder God - some form of evil entity behind the scenes with insidious and nefarious plans.

And characters with good nemesis qualities - escape routes, bases, clones, personality transfers or just generally smart enough to be a recurring character.

You do realize that this is for Dark Champions, don't you?

By the time I got around to opening this thread there were already a lot of posts and I only had time to skim them all right now so, if some of these ideas have already been posted, sorry.

1. Give us a corrupt policeman and/or federal agent, they are great snakes-in-the grass to obstruct the heroes with.

2. Computer crime is good, give us an uber-hacker.

3. A con-man or an enemy spy-type would be fun to spring on the characters. Someone who is patient and very good at what he does. He can get into the character's confidence and then several months down the line sell them out to his real employeers (crimelords or whoever).

4. I want a good wheelman. A delivery driver of sorts. A person who will dilever anything or anybody regardless of legality, for the right price. A person with a reputation of never failing his task.[/quote

Yeah!

What he said.

I will quote other peoples excellent ideas later and maybe include a couple of my crummy ideas too. ;)

Many criminal elements act in teams or pairs and I'd like to see write ups that reflect the idea.

Instead of a single mobster. Several from the same mob and a few notes on how they work. In movies you had the small mob boss, two "soldiers" and his wheelman who get sent to "lean" on someone. I'd like to see a write up for them as a team/group.

A team of "cleaners". And so on.

A couple of super-terrorists or home grown revolutionaries. And perhaps a bounty hunter/super bail bondsman (yes I'll bail you out Crossbow' date=' but don't make me come and find you come time for your trial) :)[/quote']

HAd an idea for a character like this awhile back for this supplement idea that I considered for another game company's Super's game- his name was Exradition and he was a cyborg Bounty Hunter that had teleportation powers good to about 25 miles, so he had these teleport hideouts all over the USA, Canada and Mexico, sort of like underground railroad stops, where he could hole up for a minute or two when being chased during a bounty gone wrong.

He would be the hidden money behind an organization that hired supers of all types for bounty retrieval services.

You do realize that this is for Dark Champions' date=' don't you?[/quote']

The difference is competance, motivation, the means they use for their ends and more adult themes :)

Lovecraft is not Champions, but Dark Champions.

Moriarty is not Champions, but Dark Champions.

Vampires are Champions, Whamphyri are Dark Champions.

The Astrologer is Dark Champions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curufea

You do realize that this is for Dark Champions' date=' don't you?[/quote']

I am definitely of the opinion that a secret society (of normals and paranormals) akin to the Illuminati or Marvel's Secret Empire or DCs Church of Blood would make a great DC Villain group. The best part is you don't need tons of write-ups, just a page on the origins and major concerns of the organization and a character sheet for the current Mastermind. Secret Societies make the best types of recurring villains in a campaign that features characters with lots of KAs because they are disposable. Even at the highest levels (#2-10) the members are easily replaceable and in the case of the Church of Blood, Brother Blood himself is replaced by his son (who kills his father) after each failure. Here's a quick idea for the Society - Have them all identifiable by a hidden mark that they could show each other without much trouble (ie, tatooed inner lip or even eyelid)

The difference is competance, motivation, the means they use for their ends and more adult themes :)

Lovecraft is not Champions, but Dark Champions.

Moriarty is not Champions, but Dark Champions.

Vampires are Champions, Whamphyri are Dark Champions.

The Astrologer is Dark Champions.

Lovecraft, Whamphyri, and The Astrologer really fit more into Horror Hero than DC under Fred/5ER.

Guest Worldmaker

C. L. O. W. N.

Sorry, I resisted as long as I could.... Steve can have the Harbinger gun me down at DunDraCon.

How about CLOWN done as an entire team of Joker-clones, psychoses and sadism included?

I woulden't mind a return of a few villians. Like Tenderheart, for example. A great fencer, gets romantic crushes easly, will easly kill the hero's girlfriends and children, and she even has a 'stick' which she dosen't want.

I'm shure Steve will also flood us with some other great villians in this book. I do second for the evil corpration (see Morningstar Incorprated in The New Circle thread, under my mystic villian Lucifer Morningstar).

Anyways...good luck.

One thing I'm definitely not gonna do is touch any of Chris Avellone's villains. I hope to have him redo many of them at some point in the future, so I'm not going to make any attempt at 'em for the time being. If worse comes to worst, I'll take care of it eventually, tho. :hex: