Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From tonight's Pulp Hero game:

The Countess, insane German noblewoman, meets with Queen Nefira, reincarnated Egyptian Queen. She has a choice between betraying the heroes and joining Nefira, or attacking her. Prodded on by the millions of dollars of jewels she's wearing, she attacks.

Player 1 (aside): Well, the lustre of those jewels was too strong for the Countess to resist.

Player 2 (aside): She decided to choose the lustre of two evils.

"How do you intend to avoid creating more property damage than you prevent?"

OOC Answer: "Those comic book laws of physics will bite you in the *** every time."

"60 PRE and 30 COM, hunh? I got nuthin'."

OOC: "You know the team is new because the tourists are running up to us and not running away."

"His costume has pouches on it, since it's the Iron Age."

"Cockroach-eye description of the suspects...."

Sadly, the GM got the best line.

Some jerks from town decided to try to steal the treasure we'd rightfully found, and were trapped in the caves, left with the options of going out one at a time to be decapitated by the restless and angry barbarians or stay put and see if they couldn't wait us out.

Then the necromancer takes up her time in summoning up a revenant, which is a bloodthirsty ghoul. This guy's been called into her service several times before, and always been destroyed before he could do any damage.

So Josh is describing all the screaming and carnage we're hearing from within the cavern, the glimpses we see of the would-be thieves trying to escape the demon.

Then Josh looks at the necromancer's player, and tells her (OOC), "Take five favor off. That revenant's been waiting to do that for a LONG time."

Well, it was MY favorite line, anyway . . .

Sadly, the GM got the best line.

Some jerks from town decided to try to steal the treasure we'd rightfully found, and were trapped in the caves, left with the options of going out one at a time to be decapitated by the restless and angry barbarians or stay put and see if they couldn't wait us out.

Then the necromancer takes up her time in summoning up a revenant, which is a bloodthirsty ghoul. This guy's been called into her service several times before, and always been destroyed before he could do any damage.

So Josh is describing all the screaming and carnage we're hearing from within the cavern, the glimpses we see of the would-be thieves trying to escape the demon.

Then Josh looks at the necromancer's player, and tells her (OOC), "Take five favor off. That revenant's been waiting to do that for a LONG time."

Well, it was MY favorite line, anyway . . .

Five favor?

I think they have a "favor count" for summoned critters. Sorta like "scratch my back' date=' and I'll scratch yours." Very nice way of keeping a GM leash on Summon constructs.[/quote']

What Obvious said. Favor is more like the Summoned critters' leash on the sorceror. :eg: Buying or earning Favor Points allows the sorceror to pay that favor off.

JG

From our "Aberrant in the Bronze Age" game -- Hermes, a young Chosen (nova) known for his speed, is speaking to Artemis, a nature goddess who has been raised in the wild and only recently come to civilization. They're on their way back from having consulted a rather gloomy and naysaying oracle.

Hermes -- "See? I can angst after all."

Artemis -- "I was /not/ angsting." *looks at him* "What does it mean, by the way?"

Hermes -- "... you know, I'm actually not sure."