Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I have made ice cream with bourbon. You disolve brown sugar in a cup of Jim beam and use that as the flavoring. Mix in chocolate-covered espresso beans and you have my signature flavor' date=' Malachi Krunch.[/quote']

:love: :love: :love:

I only have Makers Mark on hand ..... hrmm.. that'll do.

In this week's game, I got a new player (Deborah) that was the girlfriend of one of my players and a good friend of another (Jason).

We play for a little while and then Deborah turns to Jason

Deborah: Hey, Jason. I am surprised that you are not playing a woman in this game.

Jason: Wha...What do you mean?

Deborah: It is just that you like playing those girls in online games so much.

Jason: Oh..Er.. Well, I play a mix. Sometimes girls. Sometimes boys.

Deborah: Oh, okay.

In my game Jason is playing a woman pretending to be a man and none of the other players know. I nearly spit out the coke I was drinking and had to excuse myself to the bathroom to have a quick laugh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"For the last time. The DOG is the Dragon of winter, the scroll is Proffessor Bergen, I'M the reanimated spirt of Elswer, trapped in girl's body which is trapped in this orb, and you are still George Washington! Now wake up Henry VIII!"

Quantam Leap style Time travel, you've got to love it.

Bourbon is an Ice Cream topping. I know several people who will use it.

Goes best on vanilla.

... Bourbon is one of the few things I'll actually drink.

There is a drink called a "French Kiss" made with Drambouie and Grand Marnier. A friend had it over ice cream...

SINFUL!!!!!:eg:

Ok, a friend of ours was visiting for a couple of weeks and was bringing in a new char. The rest of the party was already in the middle of the adventure in another plane, really nasty place.

We enter this large room to find a psycho looking female fighter type with a glowing blue sword.

Most of the party are understandably nervous, except for the female elf mage of the party who waves and starts toward the figure.

When asked why she thinks she can trust the psycho with the sword,

"but, blue's not an evil color!"

Hey,

Blue happens to be my favorite color!

:doi:

HM

I forgot this one from a couple weeks ago. A player new to Champions (but not to gaming) had thrown herself on a grenade to protect nearby civilians. After finding out her force field was strong enough to not only save her life, but prevent any serious wounding:

"That's all the damage I take? Being a superhero is cool!"

bigdamnhero

“The grave opens up before me like a...big hole in the ground.â€

Witchcraft is sitting on her bed, with Sapphire standing next to it but has her hands on her hip. As Scarlet Archer walks in, Witchcraft says:

"No, really. Just hop on the bed with me, Sapphire, and I'll take you places you've never been. What?"

After Sapphire turns red from embaressment and makes a comment, Scarlet Archer responds:

"Please, don't be embarrassed on my account. I think I want to see where this is going...."

:D

Though, to be fair, the quote was originally mine that I used for post 43 on this thread and then decided to implement it into my Champions game on HeroCentral. :cool:

Witchcraft is sitting on her bed, with Sapphire standing next to it but has her hands on her hip. As Scarlet Archer walks in, Witchcraft says:

"No, really. Just hop on the bed with me, Sapphire, and I'll take you places you've never been. What?"

After Sapphire turns red from embaressment and makes a comment, Scarlet Archer responds:

"Please, don't be embarrassed on my account. I think I want to see where this is going...."

I think I saw this last week on Cinemax.

JG

Guest daeudi_454

"Do it again and I'll feed you to my monkey."

and

"I try to be a good god, but it's just so damn tempting to throw the villagers into the ocean."

The heroes had just freed another superhero from an alien prison. The freed prisoner had been stripped of all his gear and was completely naked. He introduced himself to the members of the party who hadn't met him yet...

Freed Prisoner: I'm Warsmith.

Thich Nat Han: Your reputation... among other things... procedes you.

:lol:

Another gem from the gaming table this week:

Barry: Hey, Bill, while you're up, could you get me a Root Beer?

Bill: (In the kitchen) What?

(Chorus of lines from the "real story of D&D" comedy bit while Bill returns to the table.)

Barry: So you'll get me the root beer eventually, right?

Bill: (Getting back up) I can get it now.

Barry: Sorry, dude.

Brad: Well I guess now is technically eventually, right?

Me: Yeah, it's like NOW -- The NEW eventually!

Bill: (retuning from the fridge with a root beer) Huh? What'd I miss?

Matt

Another gem from the gaming table this week:

Barry: Hey, Bill, while you're up, could you get me a Root Beer?

Bill: (In the kitchen) What?

(Chorus of lines from the "real story of D&D" comedy bit while Bill returns to the table.)

I want a Mountain Dew!

A Champions battle had one of the hero bricks going toe-to-toe with the main bad guy (another brick). The villain got a good damage roll, and actually did some knockback to the hero -- 5d6 to be exact. Knowing what that PCs defenses are like, I commented that I didn't expect any KB damage to get through but I'd roll for the heck of it. I picked up five Hero dice ... and got five "sixes".

The player yelled "Yahtzee!"

(One of the other players is convinced that the Hero dice know when I'm rolling them as a GM. Events like this don't help bust the myth.)