"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

I had just arrived at the Burlingame train station this evening when I saw a couple of Blackhawks followed by a couple of Ospreys. They were flying pretty low, too. I saw them again in San Bruno on my way home.

Edit: It turns out the Blackhawks are Presidential helicopters; President Obama is supposed to visit the Bay Area tomorrow. Strangely enough, the Obamas made an appearance in my dream last night.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

• 2 weeks later...

4191376_700b.jpg

Where did you get these four perfectly round circles?

I can prove to myself that they ARE four circles by forcing my eyes to follow them around each circumference, but I can't make myself SEE them that way.

Lucius Alexander

The amazed palindromedary says this image is so awesome we got a "like" just for REposting it

Cygnia's link lead me to a page where I also found this article.

US rest stops sure don't look like this

The UK has 92 rest areas supported by 66 million people.  The USA (lower 48 only) has 2740 rest areas supported by 319 million people.

The UK ones are generally farmed out to private industry to run and profit from, while the US ones are a free public service.

I've often wondered why there's a comic character named Jocasta but not one named Oedipus. How can you have one without the other? :think:

Ultron created Jocasta using the brain patterns from the Wasp, his father's wife, so he's sort of Oedipus himself.  Ultron was created before Hank and Jan were married, so Ultron intended to marry a duplicate of his step-mother, but it's close, and Ultron has referred to the Wasp as "Mother".