Is Defender the new Seeker?

Escafarc

Re: Is Defender the new Seeker?

Solitaire, Defender, and Quantum came out looking the best. I actually kinda miss Quantum.....I dislike her replacement as much as the current Defender, heh, and though I wasn't thrilled with the look of Behemoth (Actually the look was fine the name was wrong, there is only one Behemoth and he's a member of the Destroyers, heh), Wovler-Grifter cracked me up a lot (aka Seeker...).....Still, any and all of them were superior to the current Defender in both looks and means.

~Rex

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought the Cover Art from Dark Champions: Heroes of Vengeance was a gun toting Seeker in disguise. While the Interior Art for Watchers of the Dragon Seeker was the best.

IMOHO

QM

Actually the character on DC:HoV is none other than the Harbinger of Justice. Who is one of Steve Long's Characters. Harby has a really nasty writeup inside of the supplement. He's kind of a Batman clone gone really bad.

Actually the character on DC:HoV is none other than the Harbinger of Justice. Who is one of Steve Long's Characters. Harby has a really nasty writeup inside of the supplement. He's kind of a Batman clone gone really bad.

By gone really bad, do you mean possibly KILLING EVERYONE?

Actually, I always thought that he was a great example of a wish fulfillment character. He was sort of like the Punisher, but way nastier. IIRC he had some kind of extradimensional weapons cache that allowed him to teleport weapons to his hand, thus ensuring that he always had a loaded gun. It was like someone had shot Tony Stark's parents instead of Bruce Wayne's. Which, by the way, might be a hell of an idea for a character.

• 11 months later...

I like Defender better than Seeker. Cheesy Martial Artists with swords are they really Superheroes? Black Knight's sword was at least magic. Hawkeye has bows with arrows that do all kinds of cool stuff, same for Green Arrow. But Seeker was just plain boring with a katana and a shurikens. I can't think of one of the big comics teams with a martial arts guy with normal weapons. Therefore I for one, never liked him for superheroic games. Manga or Wuxia perhaps but straight comics in Four Color genre, he has no place. I do not miss him. I liked Crusader though.

By gone really bad, do you mean possibly KILLING EVERYONE?

Actually, I always thought that he was a great example of a wish fulfillment character. He was sort of like the Punisher, but way nastier. IIRC he had some kind of extradimensional weapons cache that allowed him to teleport weapons to his hand, thus ensuring that he always had a loaded gun. It was like someone had shot Tony Stark's parents instead of Bruce Wayne's. Which, by the way, might be a hell of an idea for a character.

Well, in 5thEd, IIRC, Harbinger didn't have the gun'port. He had to stock up in his armory/base before going out.

Personally' date=' I'd have kittens if he'd update Predator from Justice, Not Law for 6E,[/quote']

FYI, Predator appears to have been redesigned and renamed the Varangian, in a 5E Dark Champions book coincidentally titled Predators.

It's somewhat obfuscated by the terrible, terrible art.

I like Defender better than Seeker. Cheesy Martial Artists with swords are they really Superheroes? Black Knight's sword was at least magic. Hawkeye has bows with arrows that do all kinds of cool stuff' date=' same for Green Arrow. But Seeker was just plain boring with a katana and a shurikens. I can't think of one of the big comics teams with a martial arts guy with normal weapons. Therefore I for one, never liked him for superheroic games. Manga or Wuxia perhaps but straight comics in Four Color genre, he has no place. I do not miss him. I liked Crusader though.[/quote']

That's why I made Seeker into a serious threat by having him become a "super-spy" by joining UNTIL ... and giving him a few Chi powers ;) Towards the end of my CU campaign back in the 4e/CNM days, Seeker had become "Snake Eyes meets James Bond meets Iron Fist" ...

I alawys thought Seeker and the Blue Moon Killer were the same person. Something happened to Seeker that turned him into a Vigilante. He faked his own death and became (whatishisname). Much like C.L.O.W.N.

IMOHO

QM

That would be an odd twist...

I did like Seeker. He was a very four color concept, IMO (Australian Ninja...kinda...). And a prettty straight forward starting charcter design. My favorite archetype is Martial artists/weapon masters.

At the end of 4th Edition I ran a convention event featuring those Champions. They end up trapped on a Desert Island (former base of *insert desert island using big bad here*). What eventually happened, is that remaining defenses wreck Defenders armor, leaving him to try and repair it with coconuts. Obsidian falls into the volcano, Quantum falls into the ocean after taking a birdstrike moving non combat, and Jaguar goes Feral and eventually hunts down and eats Seeker.

Was a good time, Seeker blew, but the current Defender, is worse. In the end though the Champions will always be this lineup to me: Marksman, Gargoyle, Rose, Flare, Icestar, Goliath/Giant ......everyone else is a placeholder.

~Rex

• 2 weeks later...