Would your hero register his Secret ID with Primus?

Pizza Man

According to the CU, there is an (unenforced) law that requires heroes to register with the govt: Secret ID, Powers, weaknesses, etc. Some heroes refuse. But to get any aid or help from Primus, you will need to register.

Psidestep, registered right away. Earning a watched by Primus.

Black Falcon will not do so. Even if it means she cannot get aid from the govt. If she needs aid from the govt and they ask for her Secret ID, she will give them her notes on the case, advise Primus its their problem now, and drop the investigation.

So are you registered? What would your character do?

Re: Would your hero register his Secret ID with Primus?

Badger- Well, hell no. Generally hates PRIMUS (not as much as UNTIL). Would pretty much rather die than suffer the aid of PRIMUS. Probably wouldnt on principle anyway.

Frosty Bob- I doubt it. Let us just say, he has grown over the years to have problems with authority figures.

Of the two supers games I'm in one is a villain campaign -- no registering for Eris. Beater would only have registered at the beginning of the campaign when she was recruited to run the organized local team -- they are tacitly approved by the government and it was probably part of the application process. She wouldn't have for the solo dark-avenger-of-the-night phase of her career.

Shadow Hawk is not registered... but as a employee of the CIA, would he have to?

(The CIA know his real name and all his abilities. But register with another branch of the government? No.)

Steel Panther would not register until he turned 18. As a under legal age hero, he doesn't need the hassle.

Goliath want know what rejuser mean. Is good to eat? Go to Chuckychees? Goliath hungry!

El Mago is a foriegn national. He wouldn't register unless asked.

Iron Maiden would register, reluctantly. (in fact, I'm working on a novel in which her getting caught up in the registration law is a big part of the plot).

Raven and Black Mask wouldn't.

Black Knight would, but then he doesn't have a secret identity, really. Or it's about as secret as James Bond's.

Hell's Angel sure as well, hell, will never register. Just ain't gonna happen.

Thundrax is Canadian, so no. Though he's registered under the Canadian system and works with and for the RCMP and UNTIL. (He's also helped provide sponsorship and sanctuary for a few Americans and French escaping the more draconian aspects of their countries's reg systems).

Uncle Slam is well known by PRIMUS having acted as their director before. No problem there.

Anthem has neither a secret nor public ID. She'd register because it's the law, not because she wants to.

Audra Blue would register and then hack in and change the info immediately to anything she wanted.

With as many characters as I have that believe in civil liberties, I find it odd that I don't have one that would rebel against this.

Guest steamteck

Registration is one of thoses things that MIGHT make sense in real life but in the comic world where the Govt is riddled with spys and secret meglomaniacs and has porous security, no thanks. Even not counting that politics can shift and the sponsered can become the shut down.

Lisenscing and registration is fine but listing weaknesses and such? Are they frickin insane? Fortunately my world has a history of positive feelings towards superheroes and an event where such a database ( created by a Batman clone) was hacked into and many heroes died so NEVER AGAIN! Almost all the heroes in my universe are public ID types anyway and have a less intrusive relationship with the Govt than the above. The secret ID ones have good reasons to keep their secrets and would never register.

The Govt doesn't push anyway just give privilages and more access to those who go through proper channels.

The Economaster operates internationally (and, I suppose, interdimensionally) and happily works with PRIMUS but doesn't consider herself specifically limited by US registration laws. Fairly public ID though, so the specific distinction isn't too vital.

The Golem isn't alive, isn't human, isn't a citizen, and has no trust for authorities. If the laws even applied to it, it wouldn't trust them unless urged by religious authorities to register.

Super Model and Kurzhaan the Conqueror have public IDs, so it wouldn't really apply to them. If asked, the former would say her weaknesses are martinis and Chanel.

Earth Girl is widely viewed as an eco-terrorist, so there's no way she'd turn any info on herself over to the authorities.

Young Scratch might sneer at any request for him to register, or he might play along for the entertainment value of seeing how bureaucrats and Primus scientists would classify him.

In my campaign, the heroes are official liasions to PRIMUS. They work for the Silver Avenger Stevenson. Stevenson is famous for breaking rules, like using superhero teams, but PRIMUS leaves him alone because he get results. The heroes have shared their secret indentites with Stevenson and trust him not to share them with any other branches of PRIMUS. They also share their ids with MCPD, this creates a good working relationship with the police and allows the hereos to take over any super-related case. They also attend several police functions like the annual policeman's ball to stay a good terms with the local police.

The Mutant Registration Act was just passed in my campaign; Stevenson faked registrations for the heroes, risking his own job in the process. This confirmed in most of the mutant heroes, in my campaign, that at least Stevenson can be trusted.

Almost no Hero I've ever ran would register with..well, anyone. Maybe except Blaze, as hes so hostile at times to his hoswt/alternate personality. However, he's a viscous power abusing type who would threaten horrendous retaliation and destruction on the Government (in terms of destruction of resources and direct attacks on officials) if anyone andy/Blaze cared about were threatened, harmed, inconveinenced, or otherwise bothered by the Government in an attempt to influence him. Yeah, reckless violent split personalities and large cosmic power pools are a dangerous combination.

Hornet would prove how insecure the system was by hacking it..then destroy the files..after deleting any references to his team.

Ranger knows the Government, and knows you cant trust any bureacrat or agency.

Eclipse unfortunately has a public ID..but no life to protect really.

Seer would not register, but cheerfully use his mental powers to convince others he had if it ever came up.

Any Hero should immediately scorn registration on principle..especially if they have a Secret Identity.

In my campaign, I slightly modified Bob Greenwade's excellent Oregon Hero Sanction for state-level registration of paranormals. I liked the idea of paranormals self-regulating in cooperation with the state police and government, and was able to sell my players on it as well. Enough safeguards were put on the heroes' information (a single isolated, non-networked, booby-trapped computer on the grounds of the State Police Academy holds 10 copies of each super's file, only one of which has correct info; the computer requires codes from two different Paranormal Activities Board members -- one of whom must be a paranormal member of the board -- to access and decrypt the files; etc.) that the heroes didn't worry about it overmuch.

Only once did somebody try and steal the files, and the resulting numbers of registered heroes and vigilantes flocking to stop the villains was a sight to see. When three different hero teams and a dozen or so solo supers show up to stop you, you know you're going to have a bad day.

It depends heavily on the GM. If he plays to the common comic tropes (the government hates metahumans / the people hate metahumans / government computers can be hacked by a 5-year-old / etc.), then only an idiot would do so.

If, on the other hand, he plays it more 'hero friendly', then... well, unless the hero in question has reason not to, he would.

Sunburst - Brick, Energy Blaster, and Flyer.

No, he's Canadian eh?

Cougar (I) - Martial Artist and Gadgeteer.

Yes, but Only in HERO ID.

Cougar (II) - Cougar/Human Hybrid at Superpowered levels.

Yes, along with UNTIL's UNITY Team.

Riot - Brick, Duplication, and Detective.

Yes, but after UNTIL.

TK Jones - Energy Projector, Flyer, and ???.

Yes, but after UNTIL.

Rogue Trooper - Former Silver Avenger and Mystic Ninja.

No, they both do not know about each other.

Cheers

QM

None of my characters would ever register, since although the government has been friendly to superheroes following 9/11 the PRIMUS equivalent in this universe has abused registration before. And registration with the UN is out of the question, as their paranormal investigation unit is very corrupt.