In other news...

tkdguy

14 hours ago, Old Man said:

Congratulations!  But we're waiting for Harry and Meghan to give birth in America; their child would be eligible for both the throne and the presidency.  Of course, the only way for him to occupy both offices simultaneously would be if we added the UK as a state.  (Well, four states, if we're in a generous mood.)

Well, the UK is going through a painful divorce right now, and such are often vulnerable to rebound relationships. I hear America's current head has shown a fondness for a particular type of foreigner...

7 hours ago, Badger said:

Genesis, already had 65 sequels, how many more are you expecting

The Bible I'm used to has another 7 books, which are referenced in the King James Version of the New Testament, but are not included in that version's Old Testament. Various branches of Orthodox Christianity would add a few more (which vary based upon branch; there's 81 books in the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church canon). And that's not counting the various Gnostic texts that weren't included when the Bible was compiled (multiple times).

5 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Well, the UK is going through a painful divorce right now, and such are often vulnerable to rebound relationships. I hear America's current head has shown a fondness for a particular type of foreigner...

He tells people that he's been waiting for a girl like you to come into his life. Or is that a different type of Foreigner

9 hours ago, Sociotard said:

What amused me was how often Revelations almost didn't make the cut into some of the canon

The world might have been a better place.

The nutters would still have played their games, but they wouldn't have had as much to work with.

17 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

The Bible I'm used to has another 7 books, which are referenced in the King James Version of the New Testament, but are not included in that version's Old Testament. Various branches of Orthodox Christianity would add a few more (which vary based upon branch; there's 81 books in the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church canon). And that's not counting the various Gnostic texts that weren't included when the Bible was compiled (multiple times).

Yeah, actually I know most of that, I was just dumbing down with the standard thought of Bible.