In other news...

tkdguy

18 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Interesting, but the point made at the end of the article should be stressed:

Prof Adisa Azapagic, at the University of Manchester in the UK, agreed the enzyme could be useful but added: “A full life-cycle assessment would be needed to ensure the technology does not solve one environmental problem – waste – at the expense of others, including additional greenhouse gas emissions.”

6 hours ago, Cygnia said:

"Built in 1530, Craignethan is noted for its fortifications, which were built to protect it from artillery "

But it's not built to withstand badgers, obviously.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders why a badger would want part of a 500 year old Scottish castle.

7 hours ago, Lucius said:

"Built in 1530, Craignethan is noted for its fortifications, which were built to protect it from artillery "

But it's not built to withstand badgers, obviously.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders why a badger would want part of a 500 year old Scottish castle.

Base of operations, of course.  Operations, to be decided.  (something nefarious probably)

Though it wouldn't have happened if the vending machine didnt take my dollar and not give me anything back

Thank God that CNN dropped user comments from their web interface, because this could have gotten incredibly nasty:

Mariah Carey had to hold out for 17 years to discuss her Bipolar II diagnosis due to the stigma attached. However you feel about her as an artist (I envy the strength and range of her voice), the stigma associated with mental illness is a horrible cross to bear, and one I have borne most of my life. So this article spoke to me.