In other news...

tkdguy

Looking at the Bible from the perspective of a non-believer, it reads as a mix of mythology and philosophy. Some of the myths are powerful, and some of the philosophy is profound; I would call those parts worth reading. But as a book, a lot of it isn't very well-written, and pretty boring. And a lot of its subject-matter is very dated. ;)

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

Admittedly the resurrection trope is overused in superhero stories. It kills any tension and prevents real character development. Dead characters should stay dead. 

The lead character’s powerset also seems like a randomly generated mishmash. 

?

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

You have a new overlord !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-43730158

Congratulations!  But we're waiting for Harry and Meghan to give birth in America; their child would be eligible for both the throne and the presidency.  Of course, the only way for him to occupy both offices simultaneously would be if we added the UK as a state.  (Well, four states, if we're in a generous mood.)

2 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Congratulations!  But we're waiting for Harry and Meghan to give birth in America; their child would be eligible for both the throne and the presidency.  Of course, the only way for him to occupy both offices simultaneously would be if we added the UK as a state.  (Well, four states, if we're in a generous mood.)

He or she would be at best seventh in the line of succession as it stands now. They might possibly be lower still depending on whether William and Kate have more children.

There has been some criticism of the royal couple siring three kids when most Brits are unable to support even one or two. The royal Family does not access the Treasury proper, but does own vast amounts of land on which they can collect rents. So they have the money to raise a LOT of kids.

Americans love the British royals, ln part because we don't have to live with them.

32 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Or vice versa, add 50 states to the United Kingdom. And rejoin the Commonwealth. 

10 hours ago, Old Man said:

Arent we bollocks up enough, without adding the UK?

4 hours ago, Hermit said:

Well, that's... one I have to disagree with , and not because I think the Christmeister is awesome.

For it's influence on history and culture the bible is well worth reading no matter what you think of its authenticity.  

Well, yeah me too.

Note: I thought Old Man would at least like Song of Solomon.

Edit: And besides if you are reading GQ chances are you don't care about things like history and culture (or for that matter anything educational or with a deep enough meaning you'd get your feet wet.)