In other news...

tkdguy

Australia got in because they screen the contest and really love it. End result was after asking nicely they were admitted.

With the downfall of what was the Eastern Bloc a lot of new countries got in and that is why we now have two semi finals and then the final.

Israel competed in the 70s winning back to back in 78 and 79. Then won in 98.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

Fruit flies are annoying but they're nothing compared to time flies.

Yeah, when the time flies attach themselves to your reality, your timeline gets all black and gooshy your chronoentropic potential is in real jeopardy.  Not to mention slimy and disgusting.  Kind of like terrestrial politics these days.

This sounds like  the premise of a Futurama episode--

"Good News, Everyone!  I've discovered the oldest oxygen in the universe, in a galaxy far, far away!  Thirteen billion light-years to be exact.  How's about you expendable idi--I mean essential crew members pop over there and bring it home for me?"

"Old oxygen?  Wouldn't that smell all dank and musty--like the Professor's slippers?"

"Actually, the vintage oxygen market is quite lucrative.  Collectors and air connoisseurs pay millions for the really old stuff--the older the better!"

"Millions, you say ?  This bending unit has definitely got to get some of that action!"

"I thought robots didn't use oxygen.  It promotes rust!"

"Rust ain't a problem for me since I got my new rustproofing upgrade.  The next time I tell you to bite my shiny metal ass, you can be assured that it's rust free!"

"Good to know!"