In other news...

tkdguy

5 hours ago, Lawnmower Boy said:

Why, yes, I think it is time for R'lyeh to re-emerge, thank you very much, 2020. 

Cthulhu would wake up, take one quick look around at the way the world is doing right now, then crawl back, sink the city, and go back to sleep. Because other than detonating Yellowstone, there isn;t much he can do to make it worse. 

Wait, weren't there earthquakes clustered around the park today?

There are always earthquakes clustered around the park. It sits on top of an active hotspot.

Little known fact: The Yellowstone seismic monitoring station is, in fact, on the campus of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. The geologist who runs the station was one of my professors this spring. They have hundreds (or thousands?) of monitors around the park that send real-time data via a dedicated T1 line to the monitoring station at the U.

But you are right about one thing: If the Yellowstone supervolcano decided to erupt, we wouldn't have to worry about any of the rest of this crap.

14 hours ago, Cancer said:

... and that laboratory is on the periphery of the impact basin of the weaponcomet that extirpated the dinosaurs, 65 million years ago.  Coincidence?

What's awesome is that that image keeps updating itself.  I had no idea that would happen.

I feel bad for the Louisianoids though.