In other news...

tkdguy

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

What could possibly make 2020 even worse than it already has been?

How about "the big one"?

I had always hoped that when "the big one" hit and California slid off into the ocean, it would be on a Sunday afternoon in the fall when the Cowboys were playing in Oakland.

No chance of that now, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

I had always hoped that when "the big one" hit and California slid off into the ocean, it would be on a Sunday afternoon in the fall when the Cowboys were playing in Oakland.

No chance of that now, I suppose.

Oh, I wish. On the bright side, the stadium that they will most likely abandon in about 5 years is almost complete here in Vegas. Yay 30 year bonds.

20 hours ago, Pariah said:

I can't remember which comedian it was, but someone once said, "Californians are so lucky - I'll bet when the "big one" hits, instead of California sliding into the sea, it will be the rest of the country sinking, and Californians will be like 'Cool, another beach!' "

5 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I can't remember which comedian it was, but someone once said, "Californians are so lucky - I'll bet when the "big one" hits, instead of California sliding into the sea, it will be the rest of the country sinking, and Californians will be like 'Cool, another beach!' "

Considering all the California hate I've seen on different forums, I'd be okay with this scenario.

35 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Every shark species on Earth is prehistoric, and many are dinosaur-era or earlier. But I know that makes for catchy headlines.

Thank you! There's nothing new about frilled sharks, despite the headline implying that they've been rediscovered off of Portugal. They have a wide range, and off the coast of Portugal was already part of that range. I guess that headline gets more clicks than, "Look at this picture of a weird-looking shark!" though.