Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

10 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I wonder what is going on right now at Disney studios.  Big reshoots for both upcoming Dr Strange and Ms Marvel movies.  Are they changing things to match what they learned in No Way Home, or are they changing something about their planned storyline?  Usually reshoots are ... not a good sign, but sometimes they do work out well.  The Marvels film has been delayed several times as well.  That suggests an overall rewrite of the Big Plan to me.  There are whispers of more cameos which... isn't necessarily a great idea.

Reshoots are common for MCU films. I think more films have them (reshoots) that don’t. Yes, No Way Home has affected the upcoming Dr Strange sequel, because from what is reported they are being more daring, and now including more cameos which is apparently what some of the reshoots have focused on. 

At my own guess, in line with possible leaks and trade speculation, these cameos may tie the Marvel Studios films before the MCU to the MCU. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to the opinions of many, I thought Marvel did a great job addressing the problems of PTSD in Iron Man 3. And all of the Disney+ series have been excellent, IMHO. Plus, I've always though Moon Knight was underutilized. 

So I'm willing to give it a chance. 

I have seen a lot of reviews of the Eternals but only new Rockstars took time to mention that when the Eternals killed the Celestial destroying the Earth, they put a mountain of granite forty miles high in the middle of the Indian Ocean changing the mass of the planet and weather patterns for miles around, and having the thing stick out into space and disrupt the magnetosphere around the planet.

CES

I feel a "Let's apply realistic physics to a superhero movie!" debate coming....

Its like any writing, you can have amazing crazy stuff happens, but you can't go too far or violate the rules of the setting you've created.  If you do so, it becomes ridiculous and takes readers out of your story.

5 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I have seen a lot of reviews of the Eternals but only new Rockstars took time to mention that when the Eternals killed the Celestial destroying the Earth, they put a mountain of granite forty miles high in the middle of the Indian Ocean changing the mass of the planet and weather patterns for miles around, and having the thing stick out into space and disrupt the magnetosphere around the planet.

CES

More in the range of 10-15 miles because  only the head and an arm emerge from where it is gestating within the Earth.  

Besides the scene right before the credits would be just as frightening. If the entire world doesn't begin to unify after that in universe, we deserve to be wiped out.

34 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Its like any writing, you can have amazing crazy stuff happens, but you can't go too far or violate the rules of the setting you've created.  If you do so, it becomes ridiculous and takes readers out of your story.

Violate the rules of a setting that has a 60 mile tall creature emerging from the planet which just happened to an egg laid by a being older than the universe?

*now sitting comfortably on the couch eating the popcorn that finished cooking*

Ok.  :)

Violate the rules of a setting that has a 60 mile tall creature emerging from the planet which just happened to an egg laid by a being older than the universe?

I haven't seen the movie to comment one way or another, I just wanted to point out the standard.  Its easy to snark at people for noticing inconsistencies or excesses in a fantasy story by scoffing at them for watching fantasy to begin with, but that's not how human psychology and storytelling works.