Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but  . . .

Spoiler

he doesn't have the Power Broker treatment yet. I'm wondering if they're going to give him the treatment to make him equal to his comic book counterpart b/c he can't keep up with the Flag Smashers, and have that affect his personality. By showing him being the reasonable one initially, they establish a baseline so that he can make a heroic turn around later, similar to how he became more heroic over time in the comics.

Next to Ultron, Kang has probably the most personal history with the Avengers.

Yeah he's one of their big three: Loki, Ultron, Kang.  I mean, the only really major villain they fought other than those three (and whoever was crossover villain of the summer) was Michael Korvac, but that's a whole 'nother kind of story.  And the Kree/Skrull but the Captain Marvel story messed that up completely so I doubt we'll get a really satisfying well-done Kree-Skrull war series.

3 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah he's one of their big three: Loki, Ultron, Kang.  I mean, the only really major villain they fought other than those three (and whoever was crossover villain of the summer) was Michael Korvac, but that's a whole 'nother kind of story.  And the Kree/Skrull but the Captain Marvel story messed that up completely so I doubt we'll get a really satisfying well-done Kree-Skrull war series.

As far as the comics go, the Avengers, as Earth's Mightiest Heroes, have fought nearly everyone who's anyone among Marvel villains on multiple occasions, including those who are nemeses of their individual members, like Loki, the Red Skull, and the Mandarin, as well as major enemies to other heroes, including Dr. Doom, Magneto, and  Dormammu, not to mention existential threats such as Thanos, the Kree and Skrulls, and Galactus. But Ultron and Kang have been almost exclusive to the Avengers over the decades, and would be at the top of their personal Rogues Gallery along with

3 hours ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

Masters of Evil is a pretty big one on the Avengers Enemies roster.

Loki helped create the Avengers, but hasn't been a primary antagonist to them much outside his schemes toward Thor.

Yeah Kang crosses over with the Fantastic Four a few times but he's almost exclusively Avengers territory.  I'm not sure Ultron has ever fought anyone else?

Masters of Evil is an oddity though, tough to really build a movie around such a random bunch of low personality guys.  And the roster is so changeable.  I mean, Zemo is kind of gone now too, and he was about the only consistent part of the group.

27 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I mentioned this elsewhere but not here. The New Mutants film is on sale on DVD

Worth buying for hot girl-on-girl action (oops, spoilers) and a likeable cast doing what they can with the material handed to them. ("Wait. Why isn't my character crippled with guilt now? His character gets to be crippled with guilt! And his, too!") Also for Magik being cool. I hesitate to say Ilyana since the baseline reading would have her being a clone out of X-23's batch, although given the gonzo implications of that for the backstory of all the characters, I'm guessing that the script only said that, as opposed to meaning it.)

Though if I started giving the movie the "Everything wrong with" treatment, I'd be here all day. 

56 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah Kang crosses over with the Fantastic Four a few times but he's almost exclusively Avengers territory.  I'm not sure Ultron has ever fought anyone else?

Masters of Evil is an oddity though, tough to really build a movie around such a random bunch of low personality guys.  And the roster is so changeable.  I mean, Zemo is kind of gone now too, and he was about the only consistent part of the group.

The evidence is very clear now that Helmut Zemo will be an antagonist in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. We'll have to see where that series leaves him. I also remember that the Abomination probably still exists...

2 hours ago, archer said:

DNAgent

Weren't they a team?

58 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

The evidence is very clear now that Helmut Zemo will be an antagonist in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. We'll have to see where that series leaves him. I also remember that the Abomination probably still exists...

"If you endanger an operation or if anyone gets hurt, I'll reassign you to Barrow, Alaska and you'll spend the rest of your years doing night shift guarding Blonsky's cryo-cell."
Phil Coulson to Grant Ward[src]

1 hour ago, Matt the Bruins said:

Count Nefaria also strikes me as another iconic Avengers villain just below the tier of the big three. He's appeared in X-Men and Iron Man comics, but he's primarily opposed the Avengers as a team. Obviously he'd translate well to film—just hire Zack Snyder to direct.

I'd love Count Nefaria if they put him in his classic costume and eventually treated him as a full-blown supervillain who would inspire other villains to wear actual costumes. (If nothing else, the MCU is missing out on merchandising by not putting villains in colorful costumes in the movies)

He could be a mastermind for a few movies maneuvering villains such as the Living Laser, Whirlwind, and Power Man (obviously under a different name to preserve that name for a better project). Then wham in with the "I was just powering you up so I could steal your powers" schtick for the Avengers movie.

count nefaria.jpg