DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Warner Brothers is deeply in debt, DC Comics makes no money (as in none), and their movies are barely making anything, often bombing.  Its pretty clear to even the dullest intellect that WB was doing things wrong and needed a severe change.  That's the new CEO's job: cut the fat, change directions, find ways to earn.

Much of the $55-57 Billion debt was spun off from AT&T and stuck on the newly-merged company; it didn't all originate with Warner. David Zaslav was paid $247 million last year, including stock options and bonuses, and will, of course, make more bonuses by "enhancing synergies"* for the combined company.

*I believe that's corporate-speak for layoffs of people not in the E-Suite. You know, "cutting the fat".

1 minute ago, Bazza said:

Maybe just make them grimdark street documentaries. Or give Zach a call and revive the Synderverse — as that will make some money. May not be the direction DC Films wants to go in, but I’m sure they want profit. 

I'm picturing the Snyderverse made on an HGTV show budget. 

So they’re not releasing a movie I was not planning on seeing? Tragic.

Marvel is about 50/50 these days. She Hulk maybe, and about 75% of the Disney+ stuff I get for free on my Star Wars/Mandalorian investment. I don’t see anything coming in the theater I’m doing to watch from them. Maybe Ant Man?

Sandman is pretty awesome, I hate one character change but otherwise it’s really good. Probably see Black Adam in the theater. Batman was really good. 

Marvel has a really good track record so far (obviously), but they’re not as interesting these days aside from a couple projects (Loki for sure).

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Warner Bros Discovery stock price cratered...CNBC's word.  -16% yesterday alone.

Yahoo! Finance headline:  Warner Bros. Discovery results 'pretty awful' as growth plan 'looks bleak': Analyst

They're only down 49% from last year's high. Of course, that high was during the initial merger....

4 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

My guess is they will use the existing filmed stuff using Miller as Reverse Flash, the bad guy. Some new guy will be put in as the Flash (or maybe the guy from the Flash TV show?) as the protagonist.  The film will cost so much to make and distribute WB eats another loss.

I'm not sure I see much reason to keep ANY of the Miller footage in, if you're gonna have to re-shoot everything where he's Barry anyway.  It just feels a lot more sensible to just dissociate from him *completely* as fast as possible.  There's just wayyyyy too much that's incredibly toxic in these reports, and the problems just keep piling on.  Right now there's another:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/ezra-miller-vermont-child-services-department-1392572/

This is in addition to the felony burglary charges from yesterday.  If he's connected to a cult where he's putting YOUNG kids at risk, this almost has to be the kiss of death;  Warner will have no choice but to cut all ties ASAP.  Much like Jared Fogel and Subway.  

But heck, at this point?  It's already too serious in my book.  The longer they appear to hang on to him, the more damage I think they'll do to the entire brand.