DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

• 1 month later...
  1. Click this link here https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/
  2. Login or create a DC Universe Infinite account for free
  3. Local the 'Annual Plan' for DC Universe Infinite and select it
  4. Under the 'Promo Code' section, apply FLASHSALE31 to receive your promotional discount for this annual plan
  5. Final price should be $37.49
    • you will be charged $37.49 (+tax) after your 7-Day DC Universe Infinite trial period ends

1 hour ago, archer said:
  1. Click this link here https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/
  2. Login or create a DC Universe Infinite account for free
  3. Local the 'Annual Plan' for DC Universe Infinite and select it
  4. Under the 'Promo Code' section, apply FLASHSALE31 to receive your promotional discount for this annual plan
  5. Final price should be $37.49
    • you will be charged $37.49 (+tax) after your 7-Day DC Universe Infinite trial period ends

?

38 minutes ago, Starlord said:

The new Batman movie is...freaking....brilliant.  A near masterpiece IMO.  A combination noir mystery, psychological thriller, superhero action movie.

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. 

My butt did not like it. Too long! There were definitely some padded scenes that could have been trimmed. 

I thought it was interesting... 

Spoiler

...to give the Riddler a Qanon-light type following. Makes it a lot more topical than I expected. 

32 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. 

My butt did not like it. Too long! There were definitely some padded scenes that could have been trimmed. 

I thought it was interesting... 

Reveal hidden contents

...to give the Riddler a Qanon-light type following. Makes it a lot more topical than I expected. 

Yeah, I thought I would be let down by his endgame, but that was nice.  Didn't mind the length because I was definitely engaged throughout.  Although, the LOTR-esque multiple (kind of) endings was a very slight drawback

Also, really, really glad Batman finally gets to do a lot of 'detective-ing.'

2 hours ago, Starlord said:

The new Batman movie is...freaking....brilliant.  A near masterpiece IMO.  A combination noir mystery, psychological thriller, superhero action movie.

I keep hearing that and have no reason to doubt it, but......

1 hour ago, archer said:

I'm glad. The trailers look horrible.

....damn if archer isn't right on this one....

Yeah, the trailers are one reason I was hoping a friend would forget my promise to see the movie at the theater with him (which he did this weekend). Also, Batman has never been one of my favorite characters, and after 9 films focused on him and multiple related TV projects I'm definitely feeling bat-fatigue. Glad that it's turned out to be something enjoyable to fans, though.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, death tribble said:

To be honest I do not like the idea of the Riddler being a serial killer. The Joker yes, but the Riddler ?

Not being a psycho is what makes Riddler stand out among Bat villains these days, I feel.  If he's just another psycho it makes him feel less unique.

The Batman was a surprise to me. I went in with low expectations and was blown away. The Dark Knight is better but I can't honestly that I'd rate any other Batman movie above it.

There are issues. The take on Riddler was too dark  and Batman wasn't the fighter I envisioned but that was balanced by excellent takes on Catwoman, Penguin, Falcone and Alfred. They managed to give me an origin story without rehashing the same old alley scene. They hinted that his borderline personality may be part of his mother's mental history. And while he was only a good fighter, he was a detective who figured out almost everything himself. 

I'll rate it 9/10 and I'll go see a sequel without hesitation.  

I would not say I reject the film, I just think its a strange decision to turn the Riddler into a serial killer psycho.  And Emo Bruce Wayne doesn't appeal to me.  But I mean I put up with stuff I thought was silly or didn't work well in previous Batman films and liked them okay.  There are things that I am annoyed by, and things that kill a movie.

Joker being able to teleport bombs into a hospital in huge quantities without anyone noticing?  Silly but whatever, I can ignore that for the rest of the movie's quality.