Wonder Woman

Greywind

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that when it comes to Greek gods, tutoring is all one needs to become completely battle-worthy. Feh.

Perhaps you would have preferred the word, "trainers?" Training is all real-world soldiers get before we send them into battle for the first time. But if the training is first-rate, so is the soldier.

Perhaps you would have preferred the word, "trainers?" Training is all real-world soldiers get before we send them into battle for the first time. But if the training is first-rate, so is the soldier.

Just as wars do not make one great, (great) training does not make one a (great) warrior. But I guess we should expect that a well-trained but untested Olympian demi-goddess is going to be more effective than an experienced platoon of Kaiserheer stormtroopers.

We are talking comic books (or comic book logic, anyway). In both comics and Hollywood, the training montage is more than enough to turn almost anyone into a world-class warrior (let alone ageless demi-goddesses with physical prowess beyond normal mortals). Not realistic, but a long-accepted trope of the genre.

We are talking comic books (or comic book logic, anyway). In both comics and Hollywood, the training montage is more than enough to turn almost anyone into a world-class warrior (let alone ageless demi-goddesses with physical prowess beyond normal mortals). Not realistic, but a long-accepted trope of the genre.

If I weren't at work, I'd head over to Giant in the Playground to find Elan's training montage.

You all talk like experience is the only factor contributing to someone becoming great at anything.

Actually, I only argue that experience is more important/valuable/decisive than training when it comes to combat (the kind where lives are on the line, not trophies). I would never claim that experience is the only contributing factor to becoming great at anything (or everything, as is implied). What a strange extrapolation to make...

• 3 months later...

This is a new trailer, not the July one I believe.

Did they have one embedded in the page? It's possible I didn't allow enough scripts through to show it. The first bit of the article had a link to another article from July with the Comicon trailer in it.

Edit: Found it! I didn't see the vidible.tv script. It's a trailer we've seen before, but it's at least the latest one.

• 3 weeks later...