Wonder Woman

Greywind

If the situation with Herakles and Theseus played out like it did in George Perez' telling of the Amazon backstory, I could see a very strong "never again" vigilance having set in. After all, as immortals they would personally remember those atrocities rather than having them as a long-ago tale from their culture's foundation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides--everyone knows that only Hephaestus can pee fire.  And you don't want to know what he can do with his poop.  .  .

:shock:  :fear:  :jawdrop::ugly:  :idjit:  :cry:  :nonp:  :wacko::help:

Build a ship of course.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says he can at least build the poop deck.

Saw the trailer.  

Here is the difference between Marvel and DC movies.  DC looks like it's taking place in reality, and DC looks like it's taking place in a video game.  That's why it would make no difference if they dumped the actors and decided to replace them with computer animated characters.  At least then they could get Kevin Conroy for Batman.

Saw the trailer.  

Here is the difference between Marvel and DC movies.  DC looks like it's taking place in reality, and DC looks like it's taking place in a video game.  That's why it would make no difference if they dumped the actors and decided to replace them with computer animated characters.  At least then they could get Kevin Conroy for Batman.

Wait, DC looks like it's taking place both in reality and in a video game?  Or was the reality one supposed to be Marvel?

As to the trailer, so it looks like we have a group of individual heroes brought together to stop, what, an alien invasion?  Well, if so, at least that's original.  :winkgrin:

Interesting choice in music for the trailer, though they probably should have played more of the appropriate lyrics:

He bad production
He got walrus gumboot
He got Ono sideboard
He one spinal cracker
He got feet down below his knees
Hold you in his armchair
You can feel his disease
Come together, right now
Over me

I'm not so enamored with their choice of music for the trailers so far. While the music is good tunes, they just dont fit with the tone of the film and I feel it delivers mixed messages.

I love what they did with the Wonder Woman trailers. They used epic musical cues to push the epic nature of the film, yet still manage to showcase moments of levity. Thats what I think they need to do with Justice League.

Dont get me wrong though...that trailer was crazy EPIC....but the music screamed, hey! We're fun! And its kind of jarring.

I'm not so enamored with their choice of music for the trailers so far. While the music is good tunes, they just dont fit with the tone of the film and I feel it delivers mixed messages.

I agree, they used popular music in Suicide Squad, but it felt more like cramming songs in to get a soundtrack to sell rather than useful in the scenes.  Amateurish and rushed, too clipped and blatant.  This just feels like it doesn't fit the epic themes they're trying to deliver, its mixed messages.

I . . . can't think of anything snarky to say about Aquaman.

Aquaman.

Hold me, guys. I'n scared.

So far in the trailers he comes across as a jerk with an attitude, but enough conscience that he tries to help people. Not new acting territory for Momoa. And not my personal favorite combination of character traits, but YMMV.

You conclude, from comments heard, that Jason Mamoa is a major chick magnet? Well... that's good.

But could you not see it? The guy is seriously hot.

And of course being hot had plenty to do with his casting. Just like casting Gal Gadot had plenty to  do with her being hot.

Very few movies cast fuglies in lead roles.

As to the trailer, so it looks like we have a group of individual heroes brought together to stop, what, an alien invasion?  Well, if so, at least that's original.

My first thought when I saw the Parademons was the same thing; its going to be tough to distinguish themselves from the Avengers in some ways.  A portal opens and monsters roar out taking over the city?  We're probably going to be "treated" to Cyborg's origin story as well, and Superman's resurrection, plus Darkseid himself will likely show up as opposed to just a cameo at the end.  So there are differences.

You conclude, from comments heard, that Jason Mamoa is a major chick magnet? Well... that's good.

But could you not see it? The guy is seriously hot.

Honestly, no. In most of his roles he strikes me as someone I'd cross the street to avoid. But I'm not the target demographic, so that doesn't matter.