Wonder Woman

Greywind

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A half hour later, Diana is chillin' in her invisible plane. The phone rings,

WW: Oh hi, mom! How the island?

Hippolyta: Same as ever, still no dudes. So how was the human spa treatment I bought for you?

WW: Fine, but the humans are so tedious sometimes, mother.

Hippolyta: You told them the brain energy thing again, didn't you?

"Brain Energy" i.e. the Amazons practice a form of Qigong.

You don't think Cavill is an attractive man?

1) TMI from Matt the Bruins.  I like to imagine you all as floaty electronic signals, not people who might be naked on the other end of the internet.

2)  I was creeped out by the scene where Clark crawled into the tub with Lois.  Superman should not be portrayed that way.  At most, he should lay there asleep under a white comforter with Lois in a soft light, with peaceful music going.

1) TMI from Matt the Bruins. I like to imagine you all as floaty electronic signals, not people who might be naked on the other end of the internet.

2) I was creeped out by the scene where Clark crawled into the tub with Lois. Superman should not be portrayed that way. At most, he should lay there asleep under a white comforter with Lois in a soft light, with peaceful music going.

So Clark isnt allowed to get down and dirty? He only "makes sweet love" to lois.

How very 50s.

1) TMI from Matt the Bruins.  I like to imagine you all as floaty electronic signals, not people who might be naked on the other end of the internet.

2)  I was creeped out by the scene where Clark crawled into the tub with Lois.  Superman should not be portrayed that way.  At most, he should lay there asleep under a white comforter with Lois in a soft light, with peaceful music going.

I'm now imagining you as older than my dead grandparents. 

:D

Oh, sure, it's all fun and games until the waveform collapses.

"I thought you said you were decent."

"I am decent. I also happen to be naked."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like they're doing the whole "found on the beach by Amazons" thing from some of the stills they've released. Not sure if that's due to a plane crash or not.

EXT -- DAY -- PARADISE ISLE (THE BEACH)

Amazon 1: (Pokes TREVOR'S motionless form) She's still alive, sisters!

Amazon 2: She's oddly flat-chested, and her hair is cropped so short . . .

Amazon 3: She must be a master archer! And also ambidextrous.

(The Amazons all nod sagely.)

Amazon 1: Let's get her undressed so we can treat her injuries.

Amazon 2: An eel has attached itself to her delicate parts! Cut it off!

(A SWORD is raised on high, ready to strike. Close in on Trevor, opening his EYES.)

Steve: Noooooooooooooooo!

FADE TO BLACK

Does anyone know if Steve Trevor is in the Army Air Corps in this movie?

[cough] Air Service. The Army Air Corps wasn't formed until the `20s. [/cough]

Trivial nitpicking aside  :winkgrin:  it looks like he's some kind of pilot, so I would guess so. Which begs the question, didn't most WWI aircraft have an effective range of only a couple hundred miles? So what the hell's Trevor doing out in the middle of the ocean anyway? I'm sure the answer is either 1) oh, we didn't think of that/hoped you wouldn't notice, 2) experimental long-range reconnaissance aircraft yadda yadda, or 3) "What, you want realism from a superhero movie? Pshaw!"

Speaking of which, has anyone heard any (spoiler-free) reasoning behind the change to WWI? I don't necessarily think it's a bad move per se, since dog knows WWII has been done to death. But it seems like an odd choice. Was WWII just not grimdark enough?

I'm guessing that they wanted a war without clear cut bad guys and therefore without clear cut good guys.  Coming to the World of Men i during WWII, of course she would support the Allies, the other side is throwing people into ovens in the millions.  Whereas, in WWI it is harder to say which side to support or even whether it is worth getting involved.  Also, it makes a better war with which to critique war as it is practiced in the World of Men and what it says about men.