Wonder Woman

Greywind

I'm guessing that they wanted a war without clear cut bad guys and therefore without clear cut good guys.  Coming to the World of Men i during WWII, of course she would support the Allies, the other side is throwing people into ovens in the millions.  Whereas, in WWI it is harder to say which side to support or even whether it is worth getting involved.  Also, it makes a better war with which to critique war as it is practiced in the World of Men and what it says about men.

That sounds plausible, given how much the Snyderverse hates moral clarity.

It occurs to me its also possible they didn't want to look like a Captain America rip-off...

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While watching that trailer, it occurs to me that in just about any pre-atomic era, Wonder Woman is practically a WMD all by herself. This is shaping up to be the first DC movie I am looking forward to in a very long time.

The more I see of this movie, the more badass it looks. I'm actually getting cautiously excited about this one.

Is Trevor supposed to be disguised in a German uniform, or is he supposed to actually be German?

In the other scenes it looks like she's mostly fighting Germans? So my guess is Trevor is a spy flying out of Germany in a captured plane when he crashes on Paradise Island.

My only question is: if the move to WWI was meant partly to head off comparisons to Captain America (and that's totally speculative on my part), then having so many shots of WW relying on a shield is an odd choice.

Supposedly the move to the Great War is intended to place her in a conflict in which there is no clear-cut evil side. It is all just men fighting men for reasons nobody understands. The goal seems to be to shift the thematic emphasis from a battle between ideologies/ethics to a battle between genders.

Can I just say that the footage/imagery of her jumping out of the trench and going head on against so many machine guns totally trumps whatever ideology is intended? If there is going to be some sort of message to the movie, I will probably miss it while I chew on the next mouthful of popcorn. 

Also, hate the inclusion of Chris Pine. Does a terrible James Kirk and a terrible Jack Ryan. Come to think of it, he plays them as the same character wearing different costumes. Hopefully he won't completely suck the life out of this movie. 

Can I just say that the footage/imagery of her jumping out of the trench and going head on against so many machine guns totally trumps whatever ideology is intended? If there is going to be some sort of message to the movie, I will probably miss it while I chew on the next mouthful of popcorn. 

Also, hate the inclusion of Chris Pine. Does a terrible James Kirk and a terrible Jack Ryan. Come to think of it, he plays them as the same character wearing different costumes. Hopefully he won't completely suck the life out of this movie. 

I don't know. I've seen progression in his take on Kirk. I did like his take on Ryan. Fit in nicely with Baldwin's portrayal in The Hunt for Red October.

I'm sure I will see it opening weekend, I'll let you know.

As someone who really enjoyed Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice, this trailer and the JLA one look amazing.

I didnt like the Justice League trailer much (for reasons) but the WW trailer was freakin phenomenal. Thats how you do a trailer. I was already hyped to see Wonder Woman, but now my hype is over 9000!