Black Widow

Greywind

On 3/20/2018 at 5:58 PM, Old Man said:

The other thing about the adamantium bullet is that (one assumes) the healing factor can't deal with it.  In other Wolverine films we've seen the healing factor literally push bullets back out.  But we also know that it can't get rid of the adamantium bone lacing, so the same probably holds for the adamantium bullet, which is a problem when that bullet is rattling around in your adamantium laced brainpan.

I also shudder to think about what that bullet did to the inside of the gun barrel.

Use a softer metal jacket, with an Adamantium core? Or if you want fancy, a discarding sabot?

Just got back from seeing. All the actors are good, is a good "James Bond" style film. Had an entertaining 2 hours. Loved Red Guardian. Obvious stuff setup for future.

I recommend the movie, for those that it matters. Granted, I am often a low bar person and there are quite a few who are much more critical of movies then me.

I will make specific comments when I can remember how to do the d*** spoiler tags again, hehe.

About Black Widow details: and thanks DMjalund.

Spoiler

1st, I kept thinking all through movie they were setting up Yelena to replace Natasha, and seeing the final end scene in credits, I am sure of it. apparently she will be appearing in Hawkeye working for Valentina whose organization appeared in F&WS (from what I read as I don't have enough data to try to stream shows). Speaking of, is Valentina's organization considered bad or more of like DCs Waller.

Per first post credit scene, apparently it was Natasha, not Steve who broke everyone out of The Raft (or maybe the 2 together)

Speaking of Steve, Red Guardian was positive he fought Cap in the 80s, so makes me wonder, did hi? WE know now that Steve was actually around all that time. Could he have been doing jobs for his wife?

Everything always comes down to Budapes(h?)t.

What is it with Marvel and crashing things that are in the air?

5 hours ago, slikmar said:

About Black Widow details: and thanks DMjalund.

Hide contents

Speaking of Steve, Red Guardian was positive he fought Cap in the 80s, so makes me wonder, did hi? WE know now that Steve was actually around all that time. Could he have been doing jobs for his wife?

Spoiler

It's possible he might have encountered another Captain America, depending on how you interpret events in the history of this character as described in Falcon and the Winter Soldier: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Isaiah_Bradley

This was my official FB review....

Movie Review: Black Widow (2021). With the never ending delays on this film's release, it was almost inevitable that the expectations around this one would surpass what we actually get. This film in many ways reminds me of Solo. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but there's nothing that really stands out about it either. If it hadn't been made, I don't feel like we would have been missing anything in terms of its impact on the MCU. Now....I'll freely admit this film would have felt much better had it come out before Infinity War. As it stands, this movie can't really offer up much excitement as we already know where this story ends. Taskmaster was the big draw for me and that ended up as a disappointment (and not for the twist everyone is complaining about). Dave Harbour's Red Guardian is probably the best thing about the film. I also appreciated seeing Rachael Weisz again (a favorite of mine since 1999's The Mummy). Again, there's nothing embarrassing here, but it just doesn't pack enough of a punch visually or dramatically for me to give it more than an average grade. So...this one gets a C+
May be an image of 1 person

On 7/13/2021 at 4:44 PM, Dr. MID-Nite said:

Taskmaster was the big draw for me and that ended up as a disappointment (and not for the twist everyone is complaining about).

Again, there's nothing embarrassing here, but it just doesn't pack enough of a punch visually or dramatically for me to give it more than an average grade. So...this one gets a C+

Pretty much agree overall.  We saw it yesterday.  As for Taskmaster

Spoiler

I recall thinking not too long after we were lead to "if you did not see the body he was not really dead" that the moviemaker mentality would draw that connection.

Just like that Batman movie had to make Joe Chill the Joker so that everything would be neatly connected.  That's another male Marvel villain converted into an unfortunate female victim.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:34 AM, Christopher R Taylor said:

The bullets being forced out makes for neat looking effects but usually makes no sense.  Wolverine being shot in his adamantium skull would make the bullet just bounce off, not sink in and then be pushed out.

what if the bullet is pushed out by rebuilding the damaged tissue along the wound track(last damaged 1st healed)
when stitching a deep wound you deal with the deepest part first , not the surface damage

My Daughter, both boys and niece went to see it yesterday and we enjoyed it. I thought that it was slow in spots but overall fine.

Ok, who couldn’t see the Taskmaster “twist” as soon as you saw the little girl get in the blast?  And with the point of the villain being so coldhearted, seriously making his own daughter into that? It went into the theme of the movie.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, Pattern Ghost said:

Or the bullet could have just gone in an eye hole and bounced around.

This was a thing in one of the Spider Robinson books, as I recall. Lady Slings the Booze, if memory serves.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:54 PM, Matt the Bruins said:

Yep. And could have had the exact same plot-mandated memory effects on Wolverine, since a really bad concussion from the impact could have done brain damage just like the bullet actually penetrating his skull.

World War Hulk did that to Logan.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-over-black-widow-streaming-release-11627579278

Basically, her lawsuit is over two things:

1 - She says her contract guarantees an exclusive theatrical release

2 - her paycheck is dependent on theatrical release numbers.

I would not at all be shocked to find out that this is the case.  Hollywood has for years now rooked people out of royalties and payment in streaming, claiming its an entirely different platform not covered under contracts.

7 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-over-black-widow-streaming-release-11627579278

Basically, her lawsuit is over two things:

1 - She says her contract guarantees an exclusive theatrical release

2 - her paycheck is dependent on theatrical release numbers.

I would not at all be shocked to find out that this is the case.  Hollywood has for years now rooked people out of royalties and payment in streaming, claiming its an entirely different platform not covered under contracts.

This was RDJ condition for Avengers I think. I think I heard that he contracted for the work for 10% of the take. And then the movie blew up

CES