Avengers Infinity War with spoilers

Bazza

On 4/30/2018 at 4:10 AM, Starlord said:

Yeah, I was surprised Nebula and Rhodey didn't get disappeared.

The former is probably a nod to the source material. The latter prevents the sequel from becoming Avengers: Two and a Half Hours of Tony Stark's Manpain (in other words, Age of Ultron.)

On 5/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, zslane said:

But where did he get his nifty new costume at the end? Did the dwarf just happen to have a backup Thor costume waiting for such an occasion? Or does he have tailoring skills in addition to his smithing skills that we’re not aware of?

We've seen Thor's tailoring skills before, in the first movie when he materialized his armor after that 6-mile fall.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:45 PM, zslane said:

If the energy shield that protects Wakanda can stop a massive alien dropship from crashing through, obliterating it into pieces, how can it fail to keep the alien Outriders from penetrating it?

My take was that the multiple contacts were making the energy shield oscillate, so while it was peaking to fry one Outrider it was weakening in other areas, thus letting others make it partially or fully through.

On 5/10/2018 at 4:34 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate how Tony Stark and Stephen Strange have stepped up their game in this movie? They've obviously been working to upgrade their tech and sorcery (respectively) since we last saw them, and are now nearly on par with their comic-book analogues. Strange's one-on-one duel with Thanos was a highlight of the film for me.

I loved that we got to see both the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak and the Images of Ikonn in action. Also impressed that Strange survived going hand-to-hand with Thanos, when he was able to easily take down the Hulk and a hammerless Thor that way.

Chris has said that before Thor Ragnarok, he had felt stuck in a rut, that his character wasn't moving forward and he was getting bored with him. Ragnarok turned Thor upside down, and that seems to have re-energized Hemsworth. He also had a strong story arc in Infinity War.

They basically transplanted the personality from comics Hercules minus his overactive libido. Now instead of a haughty, short-tempered imperialist warlord Thor is a boisterous, well-meaning doofus with occasional flashes of hyper-comptetence thanks to a lifetime thousands of years long. (This is not a complaint, mind you. Thor was the most entertaining part of Infinity War for me, and while I had mixed feelings about Thor: Ragnarok none of the negative ones were due to the title character.)

Honestly, I think they should have recast Jane Foster like they did Bruce Banner and James Rhodes.  Not only was she important to Thor's character development, she seemed to have an intuitive understanding of the intersection between science and magic--

Jane Foster: That's a quantum field generator isn't it?

Eir: It's a soul forge.

Jane Foster: Does a soul forge transfer molecular energy from one place to another?

Eir: [surprised] Yes.

Jane Foster: [to Thor, quietly pleased] Quantum field generator.

That proved useful in Thor: The Dark World (from which the above is taken) and it could have proved useful in Infinity War.  Perhaps she could appear in Avengers 4 with an idea as to how to put the universe back together.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Doc Shadow said:

50 years.

Assuming the rest of the universe grows at the same rate as this pest-riden planet.  

He could have reduced it to 10% of course. So I reckon the imaginary Marvel Universe procreates at a slower rate. 

Maybe Thanos adjusted everyone's libido too! ?

10 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

That proved useful in Thor: The Dark World (from which the above is taken) and it could have proved useful in Infinity War.  Perhaps she could appear in Avengers 4 with an idea as to how to put the universe back together.

We still have Stark, Shuri, maybe Hank Pym. I think they'll figure it out.