Avengers Infinity War with spoilers

Bazza

On 4/28/2018 at 12:50 PM, Starlord said:

Everyone left the theater so quietly.

So did I.  I figure that's because like Civil War, the bad guy wins.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:52 PM, Logan.1179 said:

I was spared by Thanos.

His mistake--because I'm going after him.  I may not be able to protect the universe, but I damn well sure will avenge it!

I'm tired of the bad guys winning!  It's time for the good guys to win!

But I can't do it alone.

Who's with me?  Who among you is brave and able enough to take the fight to the enemy?  Who will stand with me in our darkest hour, to achieve our greatest triumph?

If ever there was a time for HEROes--That Time Is Now!  Let Us STAND, And Let Us FIGHT!

My guess for Avengers 4 title...

Avengers Reassemble 

or simply Avengers Assemble

Commentary:
Winter Soldier destroyed SHIELD as backup / reinforcements 

Age of Ultron planted seeds for Civil War, which broke them up

Thor Ragnarok destroyed Asgardian backup  / reinforcements. 

In Infinity War, Tony is still separated from the Team, and Hawkeye is still yet to reappear.

The Team is not yet back together.

Hence, the next film they 'reassemble'. 

It is a spoiler to Infinity War -- check. 

Feige did say that the subtitle has backfired because of the guessing. 

It has a logical sense to it with what has come before in previous films.

Update: 

I was spared by Thanos and am gathering the 6 Infinity Stones native to Battlerealm to confront him:Genesis Stone, Evolution Stone, War Stone, Nightmare Stone, Chaos Stone & Death Stone. 

Thanos won't see it coming...! 

2 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

So did I.  I figure that's because like Civil War, the bad guy wins.

I was spared by Thanos.

His mistake--because I'm going after him.  I may not be able to protect the universe, but I damn well sure will avenge it!

I'm tired of the bad guys winning!  It's time for the good guys to win!

But I can't do it alone.

Who's with me?  Who among you is brave and able enough to take the fight to the enemy?  Who will stand with me in our darkest hour, to achieve our greatest triumph?

Not me.  Thanos got me.

I watched the film with son and friend at the weekend.  I could easily have fallen asleep at almost any time in the first hour, the second hour was more entertaining but the film did not grab me and while it passed some time quite pleasantly, I cannot imagine ever wanting to watch it again.  Unlike Winter Soldier which I would re-watch any time it happened to be on.

2 hours ago, Doc Democracy said:

I watched the film with son and friend at the weekend.  I could easily have fallen asleep at almost any time in the first hour, the second hour was more entertaining but the film did not grab me and while it passed some time quite pleasantly, I cannot imagine ever wanting to watch it again.  Unlike Winter Soldier which I would re-watch any time it happened to be on.

Seriously... those same words came out of my mouth to my wife. I found myself closing my eyes during IW... not really engaged in the movie at all.

And I have seen Winter Soldier about 20 times, easily, and would watch it 20 times again.

21 minutes ago, death tribble said:

And why have you not got or have watched the 1966 Batman movie ?

Turn in your Geek card now !

Huh? I must be missing something. 

My geek card is staying put. I have Mazes & Monsters & Highlander 2. Which one should I watch first? 

The problem is that MCU Thanos is given "comic book logic" for his master plan, but is stuck in a "realistic superhero" milieux where such logic looks even more ridiculous than it does on the comic book page where such loopy motivations are so commonplace that readers don't even question it.

20 minutes ago, zslane said:

The problem is that MCU Thanos is given "comic book logic" for his master plan, but is stuck in a "realistic superhero" milieux where such logic looks even more ridiculous than it does on the comic book page where such loopy motivations are so commonplace that readers don't even question it.

Yes. As wacky as Lady Death obsession might be, at least "romantic obsession" is a motivation people can identify with. "In love with death" is a kind of loony that an audience can at least go with... having Thanos present his motivation as simply an extreme take on a logical problem is actually asking the audience to tyr and understand him, to think about what he says... and end up going, "Hey... wait a sec... whaaaa?"

Other musings:

MCU Stormbreaker is an example of something kit-bashed together from multiple sources, while being completely faithful to none of them. The name (which is shamefully lore-inconsistent and non-Nordic...after all, it was made by the same dwarves that made Gungnir and Mjolnir and Gleipnir...) comes from a hammer that wasn't even made for (616) Thor, with a design and power set from Ultimates Thor, and a handle which is pure MCU zaniness. It's just a hot mess of a thing. But hey, it looks cool and will make for a rather distinctive toy, right?

Where were the Wakandan air fighters with their fancy plasma-cannons?

If the energy shield that protects Wakanda can stop a massive alien dropship from crashing through, obliterating it into pieces, how can it fail to keep the alien Outriders from penetrating it?

If replacement eyes are a relatively common thing in the MCU, why didn't Odin get one long ago? The MCU version of Odin did not trade his eye for wisdom; he merely lost it to an iceball to the face during a battle with frost giants.

Do we have any evidence that the Infinity stones imbued Thanos with improved protection against physical damage? Stark drew blood and Gamora clearly believed she could kill him with her weapons.

Methinks they (the writers) may have spared Nebula so she could play the same role in reversing what Thanos did in the MCU as she did in the comics.

59 minutes ago, zslane said:

Does it really matter how silly a plan Thanos may have?  Who cares if it's going to work or not? Isn't the only important thing the threat that he presents to the heroes? 

And I certainly don't see the MCU as a "realistic superhero" milieu.