Batwoman

Cassandra

Now doing the real Cassandra Cain stepping in to be Batwoman would be interesting. And I thought of where would this leave Alice too, as she has been, perhaps, the best part of the show.

Part of my thought on doing the Torres girl is they could almost do a Batwoman Beyond and have Luke create a powered suit, not like Batwing, but closer to the Batman Beyond suit and with her computer skills added to his, maybe come up with the programming.

This character sounds more like the movie version of Cassandra, which wasn't Cassandra.

Personally, I didn't read Ryan Wilder description as something set in stone.  They have only known that Rose wasn't coming back for a few weeks and are probably still spitballing ideas.  Instead, I see a wish list for what they want to see in the new actress.  Apparently the new actress needs to be athletic, funny and comfortable doing big emotions.  In other words, they want an actress that answers all the big complaints brought against Ruby Rose's performance - too angsty, too introverted and not realistic looking in the fight scenes.

I don't know, but I am behind on the series.  I stopped watching a while back mostly because the show simply didn't hold my interest.  It was basically boring.  Any potential was lost by the complete lack of chemistry between the cast.  Not to mention the cloying coating of melodrama.

It was sad that the best chemistry seemed to be Kate and Alice. If they change characters and lose Alice (Rachel Skarsten) it would be sad. She has been excellent and has brought an amazing ongoing foil. I thought the actress has done a great job of being a broken woman identifying with Alice in Wonderland. Would have loved to see her play off a Mad Hatter, who is always looking for Alice.

30 minutes ago, slikmar said:

It was sad that the best chemistry seemed to be Kate and Alice. If they change characters and lose Alice (Rachel Skarsten) it would be sad. She has been excellent and has brought an amazing ongoing foil. I thought the actress has done a great job of being a broken woman identifying with Alice in Wonderland. Would have loved to see her play off a Mad Hatter, who is always looking for Alice.

I don't think that would have ever have happened.  Not a single character that ever appeared on Gotham appeared in the first season of Batwoman, and I don't that is a coincidence.  More likely Fox has the modern TV rights on all of them.  So since Mad Hatter was on Gotham, he probably can't be on Batwoman.

52 minutes ago, Ranxerox said:

I don't think that would have ever have happened.  Not a single character that ever appeared on Gotham appeared in the first season of Batwoman, and I don't that is a coincidence.  More likely Fox has the modern TV rights on all of them.  So since Mad Hatter was on Gotham, he probably can't be on Batwoman.

I never made that connection. 

That may have been why Batwoman just never seemed to take off for me.  I didn't like everything on Gotham, but for every thing that didn't hook me there were 4 or 5 that did.  I think if Batwoman had that level of writing and character development I'd still be watching.

There's a reason Arrow used characters like Deathstroke. Where they could get away with it they took some of Batman's gallery, like Deadshot, but then he'd been on Smallville as well. They would never get away with trying to use the likes of the Joker, Penguin, etc. So they didn't try.

• 10 months later...

Necro thread raising, but needed to comment.

Anyone else still watching. I have thought was decent, though they are doing a female version of Ra's to me as the megavillain.

One annoying thing, Ryan was shot with a kryptonite bullet (only thing that can pierce the bat suit supposedly) and has kryptonite poisoning going on. But given that the DC universe was combined, why has NOONE called the DEO or Kara for that matter to ask if there is a cure. Sorry, things like this bug me, always have even in the comics.

I realize you can't always use other people from other shows, but truth was, when Arrow and Flash were on, the scooby squads traded information all the time. why not incorporate Supergirl and Black Lightning into this.

1 hour ago, slikmar said:

Anyone else still watching. I have thought was decent, though they are doing a female version of Ra's to me as the megavillain.

One annoying thing, Ryan was shot with a kryptonite bullet (only thing that can pierce the bat suit supposedly) and has kryptonite poisoning going on. But given that the DC universe was combined, why has NOONE called the DEO or Kara for that matter to ask if there is a cure. Sorry, things like this bug me, always have even in the comics.

I realize you can't always use other people from other shows, but truth was, when Arrow and Flash were on, the scooby squads traded information all the time. why not incorporate Supergirl and Black Lightning into this.

Wow, I didn't realize BW was still a thing. 

As for all the why's, poor scripts about poor stories poorly written. 

4 hours ago, slikmar said:

How about going just to something much more simple: her Team New Batwoman includes a freaking doctor as her roommate but for some unexplained reason she doesn't tell the roommate that she needs to be stitched up or that the unstitched wound later has obviously become infected.

I thought Kate Kane was a twit but New Batwoman is sinking to some new lows (even if you set aside the bullet wound issues).

And I thought the worst thing about the first season was Alice as a recurring character. But that's the one thing they thought was overwhelmingly important to carry over even though the character now no longer has an inherent interest in Batwoman.

My wife is refusing to watch the show anymore because of the off-screen drama about Kate Kane's actress being dropped from the show because she refused to define herself in her personal life as being "a lesbian" and prefers to use another term for her love life, which happens to include being sexually attracted to women (I think it was "pan" but honestly I don't follow actor/actress drama. But apparently fan reaction was overwhelmingly negative to the point that the show apparently didn't want her and she didn't want the show enough to publicly fight to keep it.) 

I had never heard any of that about Ruby Rose leaving and still can't find anything about that. It was always something about her injuries and the travel, from what I understood. But you may be right about why she really left. I know she took a lot of flak from twitter about not being gay enough.

• 6 months later...