Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Our group has been tasked with stopping a not so bright Herald of "Big Nasty Galactic Planet Eater Man" from meeting with a group of rogue Saiyans: They decide to use Mental Illusion to pose first as the Saiyans to fool the Herald into cancelling the deal. Then they use the same tactic to pose as the Herald to fool the Saiyans the same way. Unfortunately the Saiyans are somewhat brighter than said Herald so they protest (since it was their deal in the first place) The illusion of the Herald motions toward a nearby asteroid and the player controlling the illusion yells to the Brick waiting behind said asteroid "Keep the Pimp hand Strong!" as he pushes the asteroid into the Saiyans as proof of his power. The group scares the Saiyans away (for now) and they then towed the asteroid to the wilderness of Montana to hollow it out and use it as a base.

Same game, same night...

Wendigo: So, you think they do it with their boots on or boots off?

Robyn Fletcher: Dangit, how many times do I got to say this? THIS. IS. TEXAS!

Everyone else: Boots on.

Deciding on a plan...

Ghost Eagle: So, is this plan E or plan C?

Robyn Fletcher: Neither, this is plan D, for Dumb.

Father Martin: So our plans are now lettered by the idea that goes with them? Then let's go with plan G.

Torch Song: Plan G?

Father Martin: yeah, I still think we should sneak in with the Groceries.

Just the Quotes, Maam...

The villainess has invited Our Heroes to an Obvious Trap (aka: fancy costume ball).

Promethean: “She wants to meet all of us.”

Inertia: “So what’s the deal?”

Promethean: “The deal is it’s an obvious trap.”

GM: “Oh, you’re such a cynic…”

Same conversation, continued.

Promethean: “She said she wants to introduce us to her [airquotes]friends[/airquotes] and try to [airquotes]recruit[/airquotes] us.”

Inertia: “Did she actually use air quotes? How evil can she be?”

Promethean: “She also did the…” [makes the Dr. Evil pinky-to-corner-of-mouth gesture]

Enigma tries to reassure Inertia (again) that their fellow superhero Built to Last isn’t really a serial killer.

Enigma: “He’s not evil.”

GM: “…That you know of.”

Enigma: (OOC to GM) “Don’t feed her!

The team leaves their first meeting with the newly appointed Under Secretary for Metahuman Affairs.

Promethean: “If he’s only grinding one molar, we’re not doing our job.”

[Note: I’m totally swiping that one for use in my day job!]

Enigma once again tries to calm Inertia. (I honestly don’t even remember over what this time.)

Enigma: (to Inertia) “Enigma, down!”

Promethean: "Enigma down?”

Enigma: “I mean Inertia. ****! Now you got me confused!”

Inertia: “Wooo! I win!”

Finally, as everyone was packing up to go home, we got this little OOC exchange:

Enigma: “My wife collects small & cute things. If it’s not small & cute she doesn’t want it.”

Inertia: (looks at the rest of us) “Do I get to make the obvious comment?”

Enigma: “I hate you all.”

The villainess has invited Our Heroes to an Obvious Trap (aka: fancy costume ball).

Promethean: “She wants to meet all of us.”

Inertia: “So what’s the deal?”

Promethean: “The deal is it’s an obvious trap.”

GM: “Oh, you’re such a cynic…”

Your villainess needs to open a franchise:

Our standard theme restaurant is "The Obvious Trap". It started out in a Star Hero game where we had an exchange along the lines of,

PC1 - She says she's willing to meet us in a public place, maybe a restaurant in port

PC2 - Because being in public has stopped the homicidal android in the past?

PC1 - We have to try.

PC2 - Fine, you meet her at the obvious trap, we'll provide backup outside.

PC3 - "The Obvious Trap"? What is that, a chain?

The Obvious Trap is now the default restaurant for any sort of public meeting. It made its way into a SuperHero campaign. We even had a PC have a date at the fancier version - "Le Piège Évident"

It's kind of like a Fridays/Bennigans/Ruby Tuesday, except the tschotschke's on the walls are swinging blades, rope traps, etc. The waiters wear ninja pajamas, femme fatale dresses, or other goonwear. The pens are shaped like little blow-dart tubes... They have franchises all over the place.

Our standard theme restaurant is "The Obvious Trap". It started out in a Star Hero game where we had an exchange along the lines of,

PC1 - She says she's willing to meet us in a public place, maybe a restaurant in port

PC2 - Because being in public has stopped the homicidal android in the past?

PC1 - We have to try.

PC2 - Fine, you meet her at the obvious trap, we'll provide backup outside.

PC3 - "The Obvious Trap"? What is that, a chain?

The Obvious Trap is now the default restaurant for any sort of public meeting. It made its way into a SuperHero campaign. We even had a PC have a date at the fancier version - "Le Piège Évident"

It's kind of like a Fridays/Bennigans/Ruby Tuesday, except the tschotschke's on the walls are swinging blades, rope traps, etc. The waiters wear ninja pajamas, femme fatale dresses, or other goonwear. The pens are shaped like little blow-dart tubes... They have franchises all over the place.

What kind of restaurant is it? Is it a Mickey D's-type place, or a Denny's, or a Macaroni Grill, or what? :)

So the type of place you'd go with your team for a casual sit-down lunch' date=' not the kind of place you'd take a supervillainess to woo over dinner. :yes:[/quote']

Yeah, or for a meeting place crowded enough that its suitable for clandestine meetings.

For woo'ing, you use "Le Piège Évident" instead. Dim Lighting, fancy expensive food, villainwear in more of the slinky evening mode than the kitchy henchman look. The real trap? No prices on the menu.

For woo'ing' date=' you use "Le Piège Évident" instead. Dim Lighting, fancy expensive food, villainwear in more of the slinky evening mode than the kitchy henchman look. The real trap? No prices on the menu.[/quote']

We're on a date with destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

shoveler>

:rofl:

Yeah, or for a meeting place crowded enough that its suitable for clandestine meetings.

For woo'ing, you use "Le Piège Évident" instead. Dim Lighting, fancy expensive food, villainwear in more of the slinky evening mode than the kitchy henchman look. The real trap? No prices on the menu.

We're on a date with destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

shoveler>

:rofl:

That was awesome.

Helping one of my players make a new PC for her boyfriend while he's traveling. We finish everything else off and get to Disads....

Me: I'm stuck for now.

Her: Does he have a Code vs Killing?

Me: Does the Grand Master of Night Dragon Ninjitsu have a Code vs. Killing? I'm going with no...

*In all fairness, the poor girl was working off 4 hours sleep, and was planning her trip to the airport to go get her honey.

Chance (OOC): "I can only use Danger Sense on my turn, right?"

Me (OOC): "Two things. One, no. Danger Sense goes off whenever there's danger. And before you ask, since the teachers just sounded the 'The Other Team Is Now Going To Try To Kick Your Ass' buzzer, I really don't think you need to roll."

Hmm, as the player has the habit of coming up with totally out of the blue comments that are yet appropriate to the situation and world. And a few other amusing tidbits.

So, a few I've been saving up.

Agent Spencer: "By the way, you would both be happy to know that comics have become much better since we busted the circle of Nephandi infesting both companies three years ago."

Suzie raises her hand 'I wanna go help Luoch stab the Antedeluvian with the rock.'

Luoch: "I'm crazy, not suidical."

Agent Spencer: "The difference between the two is a matter of debate within the Ivory Tower."

Suzie: 'You guys actually call it the New World Order? Do they take your sense of boredom out and store it in a little jar?'

Agent Spencer: "That would be a superstitionist technique. We control our sense of boredom in our own minds, the natural way."

Agent Spencer:I guess the Syndicate has forgiven me finally. Not my fault the nephandic werewolves decided to run through a board room. . .

Well, my villain did, in fact, get to say "Behold the mind transfer machine of Doctor Brutallo."

Prior to this, however...

The players discover a temporally dislocated bottle of Supercola in Bodito Boditay's alternate dimension museum dedicated to his conquest of the world. The bottle of Supercola has two snickers bars and a pack of chewing gum duct taped to it. Confusion ensues...

Skybolt: You know, that's pretty weird, what's that doing there?

Captain Unity: Well, maybe we should take a look at it and examine it, Eiko, can you disable the security system.

Eiko: Sure...(Rolls very low, disables security system)

Ember: I really don't see what the purpose of this is.

Gideon: The purpose of this is so that I can do THIS...reaches out with an ungloved hand to activate his sometimes working object reading power.

Gideon sees a scene after rolling to not go insane.

Gideon shakes the bottle a few times after coming out of his trance. "That was...different..."

EVERYONE AT ONCE: DON'T SHAKE THAT!!!!!!

Eiko: Give me that bottle.

Gideon sighs, hands over the bottle.

Eiko: And now that I have this temporally displaced, possibly temporally charged object away from you, Mr. Shakey....

In a teen superhero campaign, Raphael is talking to his DNPC girlfriend, Danielle.

Raphael: I need to take off for a little bit. Something came up.

Danielle: Oh. Okay.

(pause)

Danielle: With who?

Raphael: Just some people I know.

Danielle: Oh. Okay.

(pause)

Danielle (suspiciously): Will there be girls there?

Raphael: Uh.... Uh....

(SLAP)

Wow' date=' you're doing a [b']LOST[/b] RPG?

:)

Heh. I don't know about them, but I am. Crossing_LostRP on livejournal. A metric buttload of characters from all sorts of fandoms were on the plane when it went down. Characters from Buffy, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Starman, Tomorrow People, Dr. Who, Dead Like Me, Army of Darkness, Supernatural, Smallville...

I used to have a character (a truly evil character) who would tell people, "I'm not evil. I'm just enthusiastic!"

(The implication being that she just enjoyed what she was doing so much that she sometimes got a little carried away).

She was really an evil person, but people learned quickly to refer to her misdeeds as being "merely enthusiastic," lest she get "enthusiastic" at them. :eg:

Bill.

(I'd rep ya, but I gotsta spread the bunny lovin' around first). :(