Favorite Superhero Lines

Iuz the Evil

I'm bored... that causes me to generate threads to alleviate my boredom.

Topic: Favorite Lines Uttered by Superheroes (movies, comics, whatever)

Here's some of mine...

Superman: The Movie, 1978

Young Clark Kent: "All those things I can do. All those powers. And I couldn't even save him."

Superman: "Easy, miss. I've got you."

Lois Lane: "You've got me? Who's got you?"

Jor-El: "You will carry me inside you all the days of your life."

The Elementals (comic, Bill Willingham)

Tommy Czuchra/Monolith: "As of right now we stop acting like we're in some stupid comic book"

X-Men

Wolverine: "Got any beer?"

Bobby: "This is a school."

Wolverine: "So that's a 'no'?"

Magneto: "We're the future, Charles, not them. They no longer matter."

There's more, but I don't want to hog them all.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Favorite Superhero Lines

There was an Avengers issue where Ultron was (once again) reconstructed and wrecking havoc in Europe. The Avengers arrived and were forced to battle their way through hundreds of Ultron clones. The combat was fierce and it looked as though the mighty Avengers would be overwhelmed.

Inside his HQ, Ultron gloats, reveling in the helplessness of his prisoners. Suddenly, in mid-monologue, Ultron is interrupted as the nearby wall bursts open, revealing a handful of battered, bloody, but still defiant Avengers. At the head is Thor, his cloak and vest torn, a wing broken from his helmet. He brandishes Mjolnir and says matter of factly:

"Ultron, we would have words with thee."

Sweet... :)

-Lonewalker

So many quotes... can't think of them at the moment though.

:(

A personal fav was a Milestone/DC crossover where a super-powered gang ran into Superman. In their world, Superman is a fictional character so they thought he was some whacko white boy with super powers:

"Hey boy, your mama know you went out today looking like Clark Kent?"

In one of the Spider-Man titles from years ago, Sabertooth was trying to persuade the Foreigner to hire him as one of his mercenaries, but the Foreigner said that Sabertooth was too obvious to fit into his organization.

Sabertooth: "So what do I need to fit in?"

Foreigner: "Electrolysis. Orthodonture. A manicure. And pupils."

-----------------------------

During the run of Power Man and Iron Fist, Iron Fist got into a fight with Daredevil. The two of them exchanged punches and kicks, bobbing and weaving in return, and neither one could lay a glove on the other. After a bit they started complimenting each other:

Iron Fist (as Daredevil dives underneath his punch): "Very nice! What do you call that move?"

Daredevil: "Ducking."

Iron Fist: "Hmm. Unconventional, but it works!"

Okay, heres a good one from a recent Batman;

Batman and Zatanna are searching for clues at an inactive Lazarus Pit, with Bats second guessing Zee at every turn, and basically being the p*&$k we all love him to be.

Zees had enough of this crap;

Zatana: I still don't know why you needed me here.

Batman: I needed someone I could trust... but I had to settle for you.

Gotta love the Bat

j

Another great Thor line, from the Busiek Avengers. A bunchs of thugs with really high powered equipment are causing problems at an airport, and all of the heavy hitters are off on other missions, so the agents are doing pretty well, and thier leader, turning his device on a nearby building says

"I'll drop this building to distract them, and we can make our escape"

Then from offscreen "I say thee nay, miscreant"

The agent " 'I say thee nay?' .. oh no!"

Robin, Superboy and Wondergirl have been ordered by Starfire to stay in Titans Tower. Superboy and Wondergirl are getting upset, and Robin agrees. As they go upstairs, Superboy is grousing to Robin about it. Then Robin takes something out of his utility belt and starts cutting out a window.

Superboy "What are you doing?"

Robin "Getting us out"

Superboy "You lied to Starfire?!?!"

Robin, with a small grin, "I lie to Batman"

In the Marvel "Support our Troops" comic" Avengers and Fantastic Four. Full of cool lines. I'll only list two.

A huge UFO is found. It has been buried for centuries. a strange Orb is inside. Not reacting to scans.

Human Torch: Maybe it's shy. Maybe someone should say HI

Spider-Man: Yeah, It speaks english.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fantastic Four and the avengers are mid battle with some Kree warriors that were released from said Orb. Iron Man is trying to link with the F4 system to get a universal translator.

Iron Man: it's locked

Reed: I'll give you the password, Password HeRBIE55454675672!

Iron Man: Thanks for making it easy

Definately reccomend it. Spidey is all over the F4.

They say a picture tells a thousand words so here goes..

My favorite scene/line in a comicbook was in JLA.

Huy Gardner (Green Lantern) was being his usual annoying self.. Batman cooly walks over to him and punches him knocking him cold.

Another favorite line is from the Image/Crusade crossover with Cyblade (Cyberforce) and Shi. A giant creature is destroying the land. When Cyblade and Shi confront it, it anounces... "I am the great Marvel and I will consume all that is small and make it part of me until only the Marvel remains."

Ok.. a little political but for those of you that remember the entire problem with independants... there you go.

Old, old DC crossover staring just about everyone. The Suicide Squad is going after Kobra. Cue a shot of a troop of CheckMate (they still exist?) agents getting ready to throw down with Kobra agents.

Nameless CheckMate Agent: "This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around"

One of the best comic fights ever, the Fantastic Four versus Terrax. It starts with The Thing getting attacked by Terrax while riding in a cab. Terrax starts ranting and the Thing says: "Now nuthin' baldy! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a super-goon a makin' speeches!"

Last Superman annual before Crisis. Mongul invades the Fortress of Solitude and takes out Superman. Batman and Wonder Woman arrive for Supes' B-day.

(paraphrased) Mogul: "I understand that on this planet distinctions are made based on age and gender. So, to be polite, which of you should I kill first?"

(actually, that issue is not stop cool lines)

Green Lantern (John Stewart) is working himself

into a lather trying to do everything, save everybody,

be everywhere at once, and he's wearing himself out.

He's tired, and he's on edge, and he's making mistakes.

Superman flies up to him to urge him to take a rest,

they all need breaks once in a while, no-one's a super-hero

for 24 hours a day.

John snaps back at Supes:

WHAT IS THIS? HASSLE GREEN LANTERN DAY AND

YA CAN'T FIND GUY GARDNER?

Two of my all time favorite quotes aren't necessarily lines.

The first is a Marvel Fanfare from way back. It's completely devoid of dialogue and basically showcases a day in the life of The Thing and Human Torch as they mess with each other in the Baxter Building.

Thing goes into the bathroom and the sound effect is simply: wurdle wurdle wurdle

Don't know why, but that cracked me up.

The second quote is from a variety of Justice League issues in the Giffen/DeMatteis days: BWAHAHAHAHAHahahahahah...

Always made me smile.

My all-time favorite line by a superhero isn't actually from a comic, but a Champions book: Champions Of The North, specifically the "identifying quote" by Myrmidon. This is the sort of thing that I could picture Captain America declaring to some megalomaniacal supervillain:

"In my time, I have seen Evil with power that would make even you crawl back under your rock. And I have seen it fall."