In other news...

tkdguy

The HIV part is morbidly fascinating, in that will the people who contract have to deal with it indefinitely like HIV people do?  That is kind of the really scary part, even if you survive, what happens with that?  (haven't read the articles yet, so it may be answered )

In this case the coronavirus is using the same cell penetration method as HIV, but the payload is still coronavirus.  So it infects the lungs, rather than the immune system itself, and your immune system will eventually fight it off (unless you die first).

I've been watching a tracker at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ and sadly the infection rate is taking off exponentially.  There are also allegations that the outbreak in Wuhan is far more severe than is being reported by Chinese authorities, so it could be even more exponential than the tracker shows.

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

In this case the coronavirus is using the same cell penetration method as HIV, but the payload is still coronavirus.  So it infects the lungs, rather than the immune system itself, and your immune system will eventually fight it off (unless you die first).

I've been watching a tracker at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ and sadly the infection rate is taking off exponentially.  There are also allegations that the outbreak in Wuhan is far more severe than is being reported by Chinese authorities, so it could be even more exponential than the tracker shows.

Ok, that is bright spot at least (assuming survival)

For some reason, my favorite movie of his was "War Wagon with John Wayne.  Maybe not, the best as far John Wayne or Kirk DOuglas movies go.  But, it was fun.

Note: also had Charlie Evans of Star Trek fame in the movie.

Edit: Also depressing when watching with my mother 10 years ago, the ending credits, my mother says  "every name in the cast I recognize is dead except Kirk Douglas"