In other news...

tkdguy

4 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Displaced fracture of both leg bones means plates and screws. Not sure if a cast can even be put on over that. 

Mmmm...probably right.  I missed that part but, yeah, I think it's got that part too.  Mind, that just makes it worse, as the stabilization gear is a ROYAL pain, and it's awkward and heavy and just as immobilizing..

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

"A wildlife expert has dismissed claims of a sighting of the extinct Tasmanian tiger, declaring the animals photographed were most likely pademelons, a cross-breeding of pandas and red watermelons.

"Devotees of the extinct Tasmanian tiger, or thylacine, were abuzz this week with the potential new discovery that, if confirmed would have brought the animal back from the dead."

On 2/23/2021 at 10:40 PM, unclevlad said:

Mmmm...probably right.  I missed that part but, yeah, I think it's got that part too.  Mind, that just makes it worse, as the stabilization gear is a ROYAL pain, and it's awkward and heavy and just as immobilizing..

Tiger will live, but II guess he's done with pro golf. By the time he gets back on his feet, Father Time will likely claim his due. The legs may never again be strong enough to support him on his swing, and walking around chasing the golf ball on foot? That won't exactly be wondrous fun.

Still, Tiger has come back from many things before, from injury issues to personal disgrace. I was sure he was done as a competitor, and then he proves me wrong by winning a Major a couple of years ago after a long string of not even making cuts. Ge has a sense of the dramatic, great force of will, and a magnificent IQ for the game. He would love to come back yet again after all this is done, just to show the world he can.

But this injury may be too much. It's certainly more than he's ever handled before.

45 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Sounds like a surveillance room. Could be anything from a pervy landlord to a Cold War spy thing to the local police.

Alternately, it could explain why the keys are never where you left them and why the socks go missing from the dryer.

Mr Braine said: "Superior mirages occur because of the weather condition known as a temperature inversion, where cold air lies close to the sea with warmer air above it.

"Since cold air is denser than warm air, it bends light towards the eyes of someone standing on the ground or on the coast, changing how a distant object appears."

Yeah, the simpler explanation is flying ship. I'm not buying this science mumbo-jumbo.